Where To Fish With A 3 Year Old On The Woronora River?

Milts

Hi All,

My 3 year old daughter got her 1st fishing rod yesterday(a Lisa Simpson special), and we are planning a trip to the Woronora river, near the bridge i think.(this is nice and close to where we live)

I haven't actually been down there, since i moved to Sutherland, so i'm not sure where to go.

Anyone know of a good spot to catch something small, as i'm sure she'll get bored if little fish aren't biting and making it interesting.

I get the feeling she is going to drive me :mad3: , but it will be worth it to see her face if she catches something.

Thanks

Milts

Edited by Milts

Hi Milts,

There are a heap of places on the Wonnie, on the Sutherland side you have Janalli reserve which has the main boat ramp and is next to the 2 car bridges, there is plenty of spots next to the shore with picnic tables etc. but at the moment this place is hectic with end of footy/soccer season BBQ's - I launch from there a fair bit and 2 weeks ago was a mad house. There is also Prince Edward park further upstream on the Sutherland side which is where the footbridge is and a smaller boat ramp, this place has been good for flatties and bream. On the Bangor side there is a small reserve where the shop is. You can also try Bonnet bay which has a similar set up as Janalli reserve.

Just check your street directory for exact locations of the parks.

And there is plenty of small fish that will love a small hook and prawn in that river!

Good Luck

Casper