Dollies

ACZ

Hi Sammy, did you get the chance to get out to the waverider and see if its holding any dollies?? That has been there all year and is perfect located around 14kms from sydney heads.

The fisheries fads are already being put back in, dont be surprised if the fads are already back.

Edited by netic

Guest Big-Banana

My fad is out and ready, growth is good and itll be set come January (as long as there are no huge seas)

I heard of a 22kg Dolly taken, althought theres a lot of here say at this time of the year...

Its very odd they came late last year and hung around till April/May in numbers, so its very hard to tell.

Well I may have to pay a visit to to a fad this weekend to see if there is any dollie activity, i will be surprise if we find any but you never know i guess.

yeah it depends on water conditions, i was speeking to some guy's from a spear clup who helped deploy the fad at SWR last year, they returned the day after and it already had dollies congregating around it. We had 21-22 degree water off sydney last weekend so who know's what travelled down the coast.

As long as the warmer currents are in the path of the fads it's fair to say that it would be possible to hold a dolly or two. There was a year back in the early nineties it was the end of june, and a few boats off the shelf were complaining that the dollies were in plague proportions water temp was 28 degrees out there while inshore where we were was not even close to the 20 degree mark!!

So if you know that there are warm currents about I would certainly check it out, in the past I have even caught them in 20 degrees of water so anything possible

Cheers

hey guys i was fishing browns 3 weeks ago wen i heard some1 got a 14kg dollie.

i went to the wave monitor boy 2 weeks ago. water temp was 19... nothing but jackets.

my friend george doyle went out last week at jervis and got one at 12kgs near the canyons.

cant wait for them to come back as i love getting them on 6lb line and im hoping my fly casting skills are good enough now to land me my first fly fish... hopefully a decent dollie!

Hey guys,

Heard a report of a couple of small Dollies being taken around the traps near the pinnacle up at Forster. 3-4 months ago I was up at Coffs and landed one a few Kms off Mutton Bird Island was shocked to say the least as the water temperature was between 18.5 and 19 degrees. I posted it in a previous report a while ago, has a pick with it too.

Cheerz Steve

if the water temp is right dollies can congregate under flotsam or fads in a matter of hours..

we have deployed a fad in the morning and hit it around lunchtime and pulled fish off it.

its not uncommon when drifting for sharks in summer to have them sit under your boat..