• Botany Bay / Georges River
    • Hawkesbury / Pittwater
    • Port Hacking
    • Woollongong
  2. 2. Target Species

• Flathead
    • Yellowtail Kingfish
    • Silver Trevally
    • Dolphin Fish / Mahi Mahi (offshore only)
    • Bream
  3. 3. Boat or Land based

• Boat based
    • Land based

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although i think a dollie social will be great i think it will be hard as it depends so much on the conditions,

Swell, Wind etc......

I think in regards to dollies we should organise an unofficial social when we know the weather is going to be good

If there was to be a Dollie Social then you would have a back up plan in place in the event of the day being un-suitable for going off shore for the Dollies.

Netic & rzep,

Swell and wind will obviously play a large part in an offshore social, it would also restrict the event to raiders with a capable offshore boat. But judging by the poll results i think dollies are going to be out of the question.

Hey guys...

My name is Matt i am a new member of Fishraider and i think it is a great site with a great bunch of guys as members...I attended the Jewfish social at Parsley Bay and thought it was FANTASTIC :thumbup: I have put in my vote for the next social and i am looking foward to attending...

However if i may make a suggestion...My dad (Bloosgotaboat) and i went out for Kingies from Tunks Park with a mate...We were out there for about 5-6hrs and caught about 9 Kingies or so (we were using a downrigger)..It was an amazing experience and i will not forget it and Tunks Park would be an ideal place to get together and have a chat and a :beersmile: with all the other Fishraiders :yahoo: ...The park also has a place to clean fish...lots of grass excellent parking and a very good boat ramp...

If you are interested in more information about this suggestion i would be happy to provide it..

Look foward to :1fishing1: with you all very soon

Cheers Matt :biggrin2:

Hello Matt,

:1welcomeani: to a great site.

Tunks park is a good launchin ramp for Sydney Heads and surrounds.

Although this area gets very busy during the warmer months and we may have a problem fitting everyone in.

Just a thought:

Why not try to accomadate all fishraiders boat & landbased and in 3 locations and all species (Sydney Harbour, botany & Hawsbury) have 2 marshalls for each location, and have a point system -

i.e.

10 points for (largest) bream, flathead, trevelly, whitting

20 points for (largest) kingfish, dolphin fish

etc

make it a yearly event and give it a special name like "fishraiders 3-bays fishing comp."

Hmmmm Yes Rzep....Tunks Park does get very busy...But perhaps if we can select a time when it is not likley for many people to be at the boat ramp...Perhaps on a weekday (depending on the availability of the fishraiders in reguards to their jobs).... or at a certian time in the day when it is not likley to be as busy... :yahoo:

However i will leave it up to the other fishraiders to apply their input into the thoughts of the next social.. :biggrin2:

Oh and did anyone else have any questions about Tunks Park because i really do feel that it is a very good spot and easily accesible

Cheers Matt :thumbup:

Matt,

Don't get me wrong. I think Tunks Park is a great spot but I just can't see it accomodating a social event.

The only thing that I can find to fault with it is the no toilet facilities.

It has been over 12 months since I was there and they may of rectified this.

Yeh no that i think about it there are no toilet facilities there :1prop:

Does anyone know anywhere that would be a good place to make a social at??

Oh and who was organising this upcoming social by the way....

Cheers Matt

Guest Sea Jay

a bit keen to get into the kings this season Iain??? :1prop:

CFD

Thats an understatement mate i am MAD KEEN for them this year, they are my favorite eating and fighting fish so i am really looking foward to getting among them.

I personally think that we should have a KINGIE social in each of the locations listed not just 1 day have 3 or 4.

Oh well maby i am just a little over excited

Just a thought:

Why not try to accomadate all fishraiders boat & landbased and in 3 locations and all species (Sydney Harbour, botany & Hawsbury) have 2 marshalls for each location, and have a point system -

i.e.

10 points for (largest) bream, flathead, trevelly, whitting

20 points for (largest) kingfish, dolphin fish

etc

make it a yearly event and give it a special name like "fishraiders 3-bays fishing comp."

top top idea why didn t i think of that

top top idea why didn t i think of that

Mate,

thats a great idea, but in all honesty i think it would take away from the 'social' aspect of the event.

i think what makes our events such a hit is the anticipation and the combined efforts of fishraiders to all be in the same place at the same time, a social event with a single location brings the people together, i honestly feel that the fishing is second on the agenda...

I hear ya sammy, but what about this...

Say over 3 months of the "on" period we share these locations.

From what i can gather is everyone here loves KIngs, jews etc. So why not have an "open" social at the three venues & maybe a weekend away for a wollongong trip??

I appreciate that it takes a lot to ofganise these things, but how many members do we have?

Any way its just food for thought (Rzep might have some ideas too!!)

Roy,

The problem with that may be getting people to organise the events.

I have tried to get someone to help and it is hard.

I didnt know you had tried to organise a social mate?!?!?

Maybe PM me next time.

But i do agree it is hard, but surely if ppl are interested in a particular event they will put their hand up

Hi Fellow Raiders ,

Might I make a suggestion about Socials .

The Botany Bay area is chokers full of people hitting the Kings when thay are on and it will get very crowded if we had say 50 or 60 people attending . Most would fish Mollineaux Point .

Perhaps the Kingy days could be a get together on the fishing trips section.

Maybe a Flathead day on the Hawkesbury or something similar as this will let a lot of people spread out and you can have a Social get together on a beach somewhere after fishing time had ceased or go back out for an afternoon session again.

Just a thought as crowding a place is no fun what so ever :tease:

Cheers Swordfisherman