Re-building Atlanta

Methodman

Bought a Savage Lancer some years ago from a mate up at South West rocks.

She was in poor condition due to lack of use and no cover for her to lay.

I knew the potential she had and offered to take her off his hand for 10 grand knowing the hull will come good with some love and care.

Started with the floor as it was rotted and couldnt hold the weight of a human let alone a human holding a 35kg fish. Ripped the rotted ply out and got some new ply and carpet and went to work after a cupla days and 4 cases of beer we got a good result.

After blowing up the 75 merc on her first run i was in the hunt for a 4 stroke so i got a near new 115 Merc 4 stroke for near 6 grand. She was an ex-demo modle from a mates wharehouse.

After fittin that on her we took on the sea for a every chance i go over a cupla months. Then after the warm current took off and the weather got cold it was time to give her a new lease of life.

Striped her back to near nude and started the re-build.

What started out just a coat of paint turned into something that would take me over 3 months weekend work.

Took everything off and replaced nearly everything. To take the cabin off i had to replace all the old wires and steering. Then mask up all the bits for painting. Then i made my own seat boxes and replaced all the rod holders and run all the wires through some conduit. Mounted the batteries under the cabin as the last lot down the back corroded and left me wanting out on the shelf off JB.

The painting took me 3 weekends to get everything right.

Now i find myself with a near NEW boat and everyone that knew her b4 hand can not belive its the same boat.

So having said that id like to introdce her to you all... ATLANTA.

Shes not 100% complete, im getting a Bimini made up in the next cupla weeks with some nice new heavy duty Stainless Steel Rocket launchers with my Out Riggers comming off the launchers. And The logo made into a sticker. Didnt pay much for the Logo as im a Graphic designer of 15 years hahaha.

Edited by Methodman

Great work there.. :thumbup:

I'm sure it would be great to have the cash to walk in to a dealer and walk out with a brand spanker..

But there really is nothing like putting in the hard yards and coming up with something that has more than just monetry value.

Well done :thumbup:

Gone Wishin...

Mate i got sick of the Hatch bashing in the swell and it looked pretty crap.

So i took it off and traced out a bit of ply and gave it about 10 coats of Acrylic and it came up Sweet.

So there is no hatch at all now. But maybe one day ill put in a new hatch that i can climb in and out of.

see what happens!

Crazedfisherdude...

Nahhhh that wasnt me mate i havnt taken it anywhere yet. Its first run will in a cupla weeks down at shoalhaven.