Waveriders?

ACZ

excuse my ignorance, what is a wave rider? and whats the difference between wave rider and FAD?

I believe the wave rider is chained by weight to bottom and has electronic monitoring equipment in bouy on surface which transfers readings of wave heights to BOM via Radio Signal. And Fad is Bouy with chain down to structure not sure what depth then chain to weight to bottom . to attact pelagic species. Dolphin fish are more common around Fads but Wave Rider generally hold fish also with the right Temps generall 21 deg and up.

Any one with different info please add.

Netic,

Talking about floating debris, last season down on the south coast we saw something white in the distance so we motored out to it and it ended up being a bucket someone must have lost overboard. We pulled out about 30 dollies just dropping pillies around it.

Guest Big-Banana

Same, we found this timber sleeper about 35k's out of Terrigal and threw a pillie at it, pulled about 20 dollies in 30 minutes.

Mate have expereince similar things myself, I have found all sorts of debris from timber bits to little floats and i have pulled dollies from them.

I couldn't beleive when i got 5 dollies off a little float that you would use for fishing.

Dollies will attract to anything, and they bite straight away, thats what makes them so much fun, not much waiting around like jew fishing.

Also the acrobatics once hooked are also great and according to my relatives they taste great.

Just always remember the bigger ones dont go for the pillie too often and much prefer live bait, so always go armed with an arsenal of yakkas or Slimies, preferably slimies if you could find them.

Guest Big-Banana

Nup, unless we had some really strong NW wings I cant see the warm temps coming that close in. There might be astray one at certain times of the season but nothing on a consistant basis.

Hey fellas,

A quick question> does the wave buoy off Botany, the buoy 2kms off Kurnell produce any Dollies in season? I remember fishing it about 3 years ago with my brother in law in febuary and didn't get a touch :1badmood:

Cheers

Steve

last summer we got them there...but they are pretty small and not in great numbers....its not really a productive bouy...never caught nething good around it...has neone else?

cheers alex