Pittwater 14/10

sk.

Gday All

Went on a charter today with Big Banana and another mate chasing kings in Pittwater.

We kicked off at 5.30, bright and early, with no other boats on the water.

Tried several spots for squid, but after a few hours we only managed 2.

Went straight to a spot in Pittwater that has been firing apparently all week, and got a hookup withn 3-4mins. Boated the king, coming in at 7.3lb/73cm. :biggrin2: Very nice fish, drives in the point live squid is the only bait for the kings. :thumbup:

Next squid went in, and was smashed after 30seconds. My mate jumped on the reel but ended up losing it, prob due to a bit of in experience. :thumbdown:

We then mucked around the same area with live yakkas and freshish squid to no avail what so ever.

The call was made to try and get some more squid. After prob a good hour, we managed another 4 squid and proceeded to go back to the kingy spot. However they didnt want to play, and after going to 4 very fishy spots, our luck and time was out. :thumbdown: Not often you come back in with live squid, but it did, and shit happens :thumbdown:

Overall was a great day out, learnt so much from a very good charter operator. :thumbup: Will be definately targeting them in the tinny, cant wait to get out. If only we had a few more squid in the morning because we would of smashed them for sure, but thats fishig for ya.

Anyway Cheers Shaun

PS: Any details, just send a pm through and ill see what I can do

post-63-1160809718_thumb.jpg

That's a good king! I was at "that"spot in pittwater on wednesday. There are kings there but if you lose one it puts them off the bite. Often you have to then use stealth with outboard motors off and just drift or anchor and cast your baits into the area and burley hard.

Squid is THE bait for the inshore kingies that is for sure. Frustrating when they aren't on the chew. Does anyone know of a squid farm? :074:

Cheers Kelvin