Kingie Bait

Hennessy

hi guys

heaps of you guys are cleanin up on the kingies, i was wondering if any of you guys have ever tried using that frozen squid that comes in a little blue and white box, you can buy it from a few tackle shops down here in the gong, id say you could get it in sydney too, it's a perfect size not too big or too small and it seems to be fairly fresh compared to some other frozen squid, i think it's called california arrow squid and i think they import it to eat because it has nutritional facts on the back of the box. i know it wouldnt be as good as live squid but sometime's they can be really hard to get around here, what do you's reckon?

Guest Big-Banana

Nothing beats a live one mate. If they are really on the chew you can turn them into strip baits but usually its no squid no kingie.

I have tried those californian squid and even caught a few! But it was in pittwater around the wrecks, first thing in the morning and in september. Frozen squid is like going to a prostitute...it aint the same and you are cheating. Cheers Kelvin

I have tried those californian squid and even caught a few! But it was in pittwater around the wrecks, first thing in the morning and in september. Frozen squid is like going to a prostitute...it aint the same and you are cheating. Cheers Kelvin

Nice analogy kelvin.

Davo