Fish Finders/sounders/gps

big_steve

I bought the Lowrance LMS339 and i am totally satisfied with it, having used a garmin on my previous boat, i had a look at the garmin colour unit and wasn't fussed by the screen or the graphics. As with any piece of electronics, it must be installed correctly to fuction at it full capacity. i thought the grapics of the Lowrance were far superior, and the detail with the Navionics Gold map absolutley shits all over the garmin blue maps...

You need to READ THE MANUAL!!!!! otherwise you will not be able to operate the device, let alone get the best performance from it, learn how to set it up so you can get the information you are looking for, be it the bottom density in 700 feet of water or kingfish hanging from a mooring line.

I'm with you Sammy I have the same unit and have not had a prob beats my old Humminbird I got mine Lowrance from Os

Edited by Wetpatch

WELL THANKS FOR NUTHIN FELLAS, I was all set to buy the Lowrance LMS339DF but now you have all but convinced me to go with the GARMIN 178c. Got the $$$ from the missus and everything.I do have to agree Lowrance are well marketed , I am on my third unit , all the others shit themselves, even this current X75 is on its third transducer, but I dont know that much about other brands.As for buying in US, dont you have to pay taxes in some states? and is it much of a saving after you calculate the exchange rate and the insurance and freight etc. I would like to get it right first time so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

WELL THANKS FOR NUTHIN FELLAS, I was all set to buy the Lowrance LMS339DF but now you have all but convinced me to go with the GARMIN 178c. Got the $$$ from the missus and everything.I do have to agree Lowrance are well marketed , I am on my third unit , all the others shit themselves, even this current X75 is on its third transducer, but I dont know that much about other brands.As for buying in US, dont you have to pay taxes in some states? and is it much of a saving after you calculate the exchange rate and the insurance and freight etc. I would like to get it right first time so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am in the market for a new sounder/gps for my new boat . Decided on a Furuno 7000f. I went to my boat dealer and told them about the prices we can get on the net /US etc. They came to the party and matched it!!! Saved almost $1700 from the original quote just 2 months ago! It looks like Furuno are getting real competitive these days.

By the way that Garmin unit has been nothing but faithful and true to me. Allows me to fish for kings, find bait, sort out the bottom details and gets me home in the dark. Boy I'll miss her! CHeers KElvin

I am in the market for a new sounder/gps for my new boat . Decided on a Furuno 7000f. I went to my boat dealer and told them about the prices we can get on the net /US etc. They came to the party and matched it!!! Saved almost $1700 from the original quote just 2 months ago! It looks like Furuno are getting real competitive these days.

By the way that Garmin unit has been nothing but faithful and true to me. Allows me to fish for kings, find bait, sort out the bottom details and gets me home in the dark. Boy I'll miss her! CHeers KElvin

Kelvin,

Saw you today, we were in the Haines Signature bowrider.

I have the Furuno 7000F now. Great unit you will be very happy, un fortunately the Kingies wont be!!

Kelvin,

Saw you today, we were in the Haines Signature bowrider.

I have the Furuno 7000F now. Great unit you will be very happy, un fortunately the Kingies wont be!!

I have been told by people I respect that this is atop shelf unit. I glad they are getting cheaper and to hear that you are happy with it gives me confidence that I have chosen right. Cheers Kelvin

Kelvin

Similiar with me bought Furuno 585 spoke dealer and had $500 taken off from there adveretised price this was a couple of weeks ago, ended up paying $2000

WOuldn't you be spewing if you didn't know about the $500 discount and read about the discount here on fishraider!!! :mad3: How is the sounder by the way?Cheers Kelvin

Mate my Garmin cost me $715 AU delivered to my door

Mate my Garmin cost me $715 AU delivered to my door

Yeah Netic you don't have to rub it in. I paid a WHOLE lot more than that and I am feeling pretty cheesed off!!! BUT the deal you have is excellent. Only if I was as astute as you . CHeers Kelvin

• 1 month later...

Dead set, you guys are given me a freaking headache. :074::074: There are way to many options on the market these days. I'm also on the look out for a finder,mine ones had it, apparently it can't pick up any fish :074::074::074:

Hi. You buying B/W. Get Furuno.... Colour stick with Furuno. Koden. Raymarine. Fuso.

Combi's Probably Garmin. Others any good. Are bloody Exxy....

Regards

Macka17