Propeller Theft!

RodHolder

Hi Guys

Unfortunatly Im one of those poor sods that have to leave the boat out on the road, so it should come to no surprise that finally some P%#K has stolen my propeller off the 60 yammy. :mad3:

Just wandering if its happened to any fellow fishraiders? and what have you done about it since?

Is there such a thing as a propeller lock/clamp?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Guest danielinbyron

You know, i can even respect a thief if they're clever about what they do and who they do it to, but jesus thats pathetic. I wonder if they're selling it or passing there problem on to you. Sad business mate sorry for your loss..

Very disappointing. Upon my return to Sydney I will also have to house the boat roadside. The need to take, sounder, radio all boat equipment oars, life jackets, anchor etc out but now the prop as well!!! Is it just pain in the arse kids or is there a black market for props?

maybe i should be parking my boat on the street. My propeller is seized to shaft so ill be happy if i see the prop gone :1prop:

bad luck on the theft but, id be taking the whole thing of, or installing really sensitive and bright sensor lights around the boat- it will scare the bastards.

If that doesn't work, look for a German Shepard- problem solved

just when you thought they cant sink any lower they take your prop?? Never heard of such a thing before. What a low life.

God, wouldn't you be peed off if you launched, and started up to realise nothing was happening. I mean, I know I don't check the prop is there before I launch (helps the boats in the garage though), but how many people do??? I'm worried enough that I remembered the bungs!! :)

G`day Fellas ,

Some time ago , A handy Mate of mine fully restored a 10ft wooden ply Boat , and its seagull Motor.

The Gull when completed went like a rocket , and I reckon he Tweaked it somehow , because it sure as hell looked like it was doing better than 10 knotts.

So , can you immagine his horror when he returned to the ramp at Capt Cook bridge to find his trailer missing .

A long walk to a public Phone box , and a call to me , saw me borrowing another mates trailer , and going to Pick him up .

Now This bloke was quite handy in more ways than one , and I reckon had he bumped into his hand built trailer at A boat ramp somewhere well..........

But as It was , he made another , and life went on , but never felt the same confidence again after that , especially when fishing well away from the Ramps.

Mick

Just on that guys be carefull at Roseville ramp as it seems a few cars have been hit whilst owners out fishing. A coupkle of years ago i came back to my car and found a guy squatting in front of my car tyre with a tyre iron. When i said "r u right there mate" he got up gave me a treatening look with a bar in his hand so i just stepped aside and let him walk. I think he was about to take my hub caps. I would have been happier if he just took the car.

My car was broken into at windsor boat ramp through the school holidays a few years ago. I spent the next 6 months parking it on the grass & wired it up with a 12 volt electric fence unit. Only trouble was it used to bite me while I was turning it on & off. Worth the laugh & the peace of mind though. Still gives me a laugh.