Sydney Offshore 25/11/06

outdodad

Hi everyone , my first report with help from Dad (Offtap1) , went out with dad and his mate Joe as per the usual saturday, and headed for his favorite jigging spot off long reef, Livies were hard to come by today at our usual spot and with wind ok headed up to longie. Second drift past wreck dad noticed some activity on sounder and his instructions were to drop jigs, my jig barely made it to bottom and it got smashed , my new rod reel combo worked a treat and after a few hard runs my first king at 66 cm was boated. :yahoo: As per the norm the dive boats turned up and put a hold on our jig session for another day. :thumbdown: We decided to give the bottom bashing a go , Dad got a 70cm Flattie and Joe scored a 45cm Samson fish (A surprise for us) as well as a couple of mowies and a few other reefie critters . Oh yeh Dad wanted to add a pic of his new TEAM OFFTAP shirts, we surely wont be missed at Flattie Social, see you all next week. Caige

post-2750-1164442008_thumb.jpg

post-2750-1164442034_thumb.jpg

post-2750-1164442049_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrsswordfisherman

And next time don't stop jigging when the divers come, they go hard on the end of your line and count as more points

Right on Domza , The only problem is netting the buggers , but then again Tag and release would be an option

Edited by outdodad

nice kingy mate, and great report.

I never even knew Samson fish were around Sydney?

And next time don't stop jigging when the divers come, they go hard on the end of your line and count as more points :thumbup:

I have seen a Samson boated on the xxxxxxxxxx video off Sydney around the same size, man they go hard for there size, Awsome

Hi Caige

Great report and well done on your kingie.

Glad you are happy with your new jigging outfit from WATTOS

PS love the shirts

Thanks for the setups, both Me and Dad have jigged up kings with these and have done there job well.

PS. U just Got to love them shirts , they will go well with Dads new boat. :biggrin2:

And next time don't stop jigging when the divers come, they go hard on the end of your line and count as more points :thumbup:

:Funny-Post::074::074:

and well done on a nice mixed bag of fish Caige :thumbup:

:beersmile: penguin

Edited by penguin

were you wearing that shirt when we saw you the other weekend in the harbour

nice shirts hehe

good feed guys .well done

Hey buddy yeh we were wearing the Team shirts, they are compulsery on boat now, pretty flashy eh. Im actually getting new CougarCraft painted in a similar colour, custom mixed. Cheers Dave

nice coulour dave

it would good to see most raiders with their team shirts on or fishraider names on shirts haha

my boat will be going back soon to get an electric anchor put on the boat

I have also provided George with Lewmar Anchor Winch to be fitted up, much better set up especially in the deeper waters or if you have a deckie who complains of a sore back.