Painting An Outboard Cover?

gio

Hi guys im in the process of rebuilding a boat and the painting has hit a bit of a wall have painted the motor original Johnson white however at some some stage prior to my ownership the cover has been resprayed and the colour doesnt match. Seeing as i have to replace the rubber cowling i thought i may aswell respray the cover to match the motor.

Is there any place i can buy the rubber seal that wont cost me $60? Its such a rip $65 for a metre and half of rubber!

Can the cover be resprayed without removing or damaging the existing decals? ie taping them up and spraying around. If not can they be purchased and what are they worth?

I have called a few marine places but so far have only got a lot of woffle.

Thanks in advance

John

Yea i tried them already :thumbdown: this stuff isnt generic at all couldnt even find anything similar at clark rubber. A place in st marys said they may have something similar other wise they could make it, but then it would defeat the purpose of just buying the orginal from a marine shop :wacko: . Looks like i may have to bite the the bullet like evrything else :(

Try Grippy Rubber products at Rydalmere sorry I do not have the number for them. They have all sorts of profiles.

Pete

Just found the numbers Grippy Rubber Products Pty Ltd253 Victoria Rd Rydalmere 2116(02) 9898 9688

Edited by Pirate pete