Bait Jig Rod

Guest Aron

post-1705-1168902924_thumb.jpg

"The bait jig rod allows you to wind your jig into the rod keeping it out of the road of feet and hands aswell as reducing the amount of time wasted untangling it from other rods. The Tip is ballooned and the inside of the blank is perfectly smooth to reduce tangles. Rated to 20lb it is suitable for most bait species caught on bait jigs. Gimbal and butt cap."

G’day Aron, I just got one of those last week and I can’t say I like it much yet. It feels like a broomstick, but maybe I will get used to it.

It does prevent tangles, but when the yakkas are finicky like they have been around the harbour, it’s hard to feel the bite.

Has anyone else used them ?

I have seen these and thought about buying one, the ones i have seen are made by Jarvis walker, look a little different to the one in the pic.

They do sem very like a great idea but are really too long for my boat and too stiff for yakkas.

Guest Big-Banana

I just bought a Jarvis Walker one. Great idea, but too damn stiff. Itll be good for the deep reefs I reckon. I think its going to take a while to get used to.

I was just so sick of the tangles :1badmood:

Bloody hell, if your after marlin for live bait it looks good.. :074: I cant beleive it has a gimble...imagine seeing someone reeling in a yakka with there live bait rod strapped into there gimble belt :074: Whats next a chair, harness and steel trace....

Mate the gimbal isnt just for placing the rod in a belt....it's main purpose on smaller rods is so you can lock it into a rod holder, as overheads are mainly used they will spin otherwise