Clifton Kings

kbark

Well I finally got one...make that two. My goal for the summer was my first kingy. I've caught one previously but only on a charter.

With a bit of advice from Kingsrule I headed down at first light and after 45min caught a small cuttlefish. Over to the end of the jetty and within 20 minutes...bump...bump....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. oh yeah. a good fight and SNAP the kingy found its freedom. the remains of my 15lb fluro leader was all frayed up. heart pumping. it was good to hook one so I was pretty stoked with that. 15min later.....exact repeat but this one took extra line and burnt me again. 15min later.....I'm on again...so is one of the locals (goes 70cm) and so is Kingsrule. TRIPPLE HOOK UP off the end of the wharf! Both their fish are netted and this time I tighten the drag a bit more and a fellow raider nets my first king. 30min later....on again...another good fight on my flick stick and the second kingy is in the esky.

An awesome morning....I left at 8 so maybe it got even better. Kingsrule has some pics and maybe some more news?

Here they are...

post-1521-1169082365_thumb.jpg

Mate well done and congrats.

CG wharf is going off......dont know if it is going to be big enough with all the raiders on there come sunday

Great to see that the LB guys and gals are going to have just as good a shot as the boat based guys and gals.

Edited by netic

Well done KIT !!

A double king in Clifton it's a mighty good effort.... :thumbup: I know I've lost a few of them

Pity that none of them kings like my plastics this morning, although the trevally was good fun.

Nice to meet you and thanks for the net work.

AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHH all these reports of Kings in

the Harbour,I just wana dump everything and go get one.

Well done fellas :thumbup:

Green with envy

penguin

:dito: I'm even considering leaving the boat at home :1yikes: no point in towing it if thats where im going to be anchored anyway :1prop:

good work guys

great work fellas! I went out this morning for a bit of a troll and didnt get a friggin thing! Iv only just got my boat so am just getting into the pelagics, but am yet to catch a kingy! Where is the best place in the harbour at the moment to get squid and yakkas/slimies?? and if fishing freom a boat at CG for kings how close should I get to the wharf? Thanks for any help and congrats again on the fish this morn!!

great work fellas! I went out this morning for a bit of a troll and didnt get a friggin thing! Iv only just got my boat so am just getting into the pelagics, but am yet to catch a kingy! Where is the best place in the harbour at the moment to get squid and yakkas/slimies?? and if fishing freom a boat at CG for kings how close should I get to the wharf? Thanks for any help and congrats again on the fish this morn!!

Mate,

wouldn't recommend you fishing at clifton gardens from a boat unless your looking for livebaits. no offense, but If you get too close the fishos at the wharf will not be happy. unless there's no one at the wharf of course, which is quite rare in summer time.

There's plenty of yakkas at clifton, just burley them up a little and they'll come up.

Edited by bmar560

kbark

i met u this morning just as u were leaving

it got worse not better

only one more king landed at about 10 30 ish

i hooked one almost rite afta that but lost it wen the hook pulled :1badmood:

on the bright side tho i got a decent trevor

looks good for sunday, ill try and make it down

Mate there is Naval wharf at Clifton that no one is allowed to fish off,

if u stay outside the yellow markers and drift ur baits towards there

im sure u will hook up.Caught a few Kings that way last year,and hooked

a few that way earlier this week.

penguin

Hey kbark, well done and congrats to you!

Looks like you've already start an early spark..if not flare at CG.

After reading your report and Kingsrule's, I'm so tempted to take fake sickie from work :1prop:

Me and me gal are couldn't wait for the Raiders' outing on sunday.

Cheers to all Raiders! :1fishing1:

Ray

kbark

i met u this morning just as u were leaving

it got worse not better

only one more king landed at about 10 30 ish

i hooked one almost rite afta that but lost it wen the hook pulled :1badmood:

on the bright side tho i got a decent trevor

looks good for sunday, ill try and make it down

good to me you too Tom. pity the action slowed, and that you lost one...the odds are in their favour off the wharf! might see you sunday amidst the mayhem.