Blackfish Social In Forster

arpie

I know links have been posted regarding accommodation.

Where are most people staying, it's nice to be at the same place.

Lyn ,most of us are staying at the Caravan Park in Town :biggrin2:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey! Lyn & Hubby! Great to see you're attending!! Just back from Yamba myself (today!!) Got 11 Quality blackies yesterday!!! Thick as, they were!!! HOpe they are on in Forster .... haven't tried for the last couple of weeks!

Coolamon & wrongsize - great to have you along, too! Well done on getting your gear already!! We will be doing our best to get all 'newbies' onto fish! I got a couple of old fellas onto some yesterday at Yamba! I was even catching & donating to them, too!

I will send you my 'blackie bible!' Better settle down for a loooong read!!!

Cheers

Roberta

Hi guys

Sharpen up your hooks, it looks like the blackies are beginning to come into the system in numbers!! I was there today at the end of the out tide (my favourite time to fish Forster side) and there must have been 50 fish in the 10ft section I was fishing! They were just queueing up along the wall - just inches outside the weed!

Tried cabbage on both hooks first then added weed to one hook - they took the weed! Got busted off by a beautie, so may have to upgrade to 10lb leader instead of 6lb! Stewie's trick of 30lb braid got my float back as I snagged twice & lost my hooks, plus just busting off a big fish!

Bring it on!!

Yeeha!! I'm Excited!

Roberta

Hey Stewy

I upgraded my braid to 30lb & hooked a beautie on Thurs - but he busted me off (still had 6lb leader!) Would have loved to have a look at it!

I have a couple of maps showing where folk can fish from boat or shore - should I just post them here?? Or put it in a new post?

I paddled up the Breck Channel today & found some huuuuge blackies hiding around the racks near Barclays Oyster shop! The beautie is that the water flows right past it there!

Cheers

Roberta

Hi Roberta,

here is another newbie; thought I'd better sign on to the site and let you know that I'll be coming up for the Blackfish comp on the w/e of 2/3 June. Still consider myself a newbie at this game and looking forward to the learning curve.

See you up there: staying at the caravan park with Sails.

Ladslad :1fishing1:

Hi Roberta,

here is another newbie; thought I'd better sign on to the site and let you know that I'll be coming up for the Blackfish comp on the w/e of 2/3 June. Still consider myself a newbie at this game and looking forward to the learning curve.

See you up there: staying at the caravan park with Sails.

Ladslad :1fishing1:

You have been added to the attendees list.

You will have some blackie experts to show you the ropes..hint...stick with Roberta!

Local knowledge and a damned good fisherperson.

Cheers,

Pete.

:1welcomeani: to Fishraider Ladslad! I will send you off my 'Forster Blackfishing Bible' to acquaint you with Forster FIshing!! Also a couple of maps will be forthcoming, too - just have to add a couple of spots I saw on the weekend when yakking for Bream!!

Cheers

Roberta

Hi Lyn

That is a lot more than I caught in the first 6 months of trying!!! We'll get you into some more, for sure! (ahhh, I hope!!!)

Looking forward to the get together! Are you home now?? It is snowing down there now!!

Cheers

Roberta

Yes we are home now.

On Saturday night the clouds came over and the wind took off it looked like it was going to snow.

No snow at Jindabyne but I think there was some close by.

See you in Forster.

Just booked our cabin arriving on Friday 1st. :yahoo::yahoo:

Hi All,

I am just a new member looking forward to the journy together. And would like to be included in the Forster weekend. There will be two of us myself (Col) and brother inlaw (Tony), we have our own B/F gear but are not experinced B/F. Bream, whiting, garfish, mullet, and sometimes flathead are what we tend to target.

Will try to get local weed in Brisbane Water I will be staying at Coomba Park with my family looking forward to meeting every one.

Regards colbra

:1welcomeani: Col - get Tony to 'sign on' with Fishraider & he will be in with a chance to win the prize of a top Blackie outfit too!! :1prop:

I shall send you off some info on blackie fishing here - also there is a more dedicated post on setting up your float!

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=21085

See you here!!! Not long now!

Cheers

Roberta

Appreciate any weed you can find - ours unfortunately is very depleted just now - the pond has NONE!!!

Guest mrs rzep

Hi Roberta

I am very sorry but my :wife: and i will not be able to go to the blackfish social this time

sorry once again

sincerly Robert and jeannette

That's a shame Robbie - I have taken you off the attendance list now :(

:thumbdown::thumbdown: We have had to pull out on this social as well :thumbdown::thumbdown:

I am sure everyone who is attending will have a great time, as all social's are so much fun :1prop:

Edited by mrs rzep

Has anyone got any of those little hand held Uniden UHF walkie talkies?? They come in packs of 2 or 4?? The yakkers used them last weekend with great success (something along the lines of ....."Fish are on here"......Zoooomp ..... lots of folk fishing the same spot!!)

Could be handy for the weekend!?? Find out where the fish are biting & get everyone into them??

Cheers

Roberta

Blackie Weed Success!!

Ok, I have found a nice lot of weed this morning.

I have a small esky full at the moment...I'll also get some more tomorrow.

The best stuff I could find at my spot was right under an overhanging casurina tree that was nice and green. The rest of the stuff I could find had gone a bit brown so I left that alone.

The stuff I got had a LOT of casurina twigs and ribbon weed mixed in as it was right under the tree and next to a patch of ribbon weed.

The cleaning of the crap took the longest time but I think I got most of the rubbish out.

I've got hold of one of those polystyrene boxes that fruit comes in from the local greengrocer and will line that in plastic and layer loads of wet newspaper between sheets of weed. I have also got a 5 litre bottle of the water from where I sourced the weed to wet the newpaper down with, so hopefully, it will be in good condition for the weekend.

The weed is quite nice...good & green and stringy, so I hope the local Forster blackies like Sydney tucker!

Here are a few pics of it. I haven't layered it in the newspaper yet...that comes tomorrow.

At the moment, it's in the esky filled with seawater.

Sorry I won't be able to make the social, but work commitments make it impossible now. Bugger it!!

Coollamon is picking the weed up first thing Thursday morning from my place..thanks John.

Cheers,

Pete

post-1685-1180407375_thumb.jpg

post-1685-1180407408_thumb.jpg

post-1685-1180407443_thumb.jpg

Edited by MallacootaPete

Hi Pete

Boooootiful!!! Looks so good I could eat it myself!!! You are a little treasure & I am soooo sad you can't make it to this one! No excuses next time you pass thru tho!!

Had a great paddle this morning in the Breckinbridge Channel - even managed to stay on the yak this time!!! No wet bum & everything else!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Smiling blackfish!

:wub: im in love, [looking over shoulder] shes sooo beautiful,i hope the :wife: dont read this... gotta love that smile... i hope to meet her and some of her older friends in a couple days :biggrin2: ..

as you say roberta....... couple more sleeps...... :fisher: .... steve........

Edited by roosterman