Clifton Gardens - 23/1/07

KingsRule

Got down just before 5 this morning,and it was already packed :thumbdown:

Tried for squid from 5 untill about 8 when i finally got one :yahoo:

took of the head chucked it in, 30mins later ,Got a few little bumps and then i felt the weight..(here we go :biggrin2: )..zZZzzz

You can guess the rest :1prop: , he went 60cm on the dot.

th.9f44f9614c.jpg

About 20mins later same thing but my line took off at 100km's , then started doing circles and i knew it was a bonnie.

th.089c2662e3.jpg

safley netted, he would have been about 45cm

Aparty from that thismorning was dead, very strange :tease:

Got down just before 5 this morning,and it was already packed :thumbdown:

Tried for squid from 5 untill about 8 when i finally got one :yahoo:

took of the head chucked it in, 30mins later ,Got a few little bumps and then i felt the weight..(here we go :biggrin2: )..zZZzzz

You can guess the rest :1prop: , he went 60cm on the dot.

th.9f44f9614c.jpg

About 20mins later same thing but my line took off at 100km's , then started doing circles and i knew it was a bonnie.

th.089c2662e3.jpg

safley netted, he would have been about 45cm

Aparty from that thismorning was dead, very strange :tease:

Good going KR. You really are into those kingies at Clifton now.

You are becoming the LB specialits on the Kings down there.

Hope you nail a few more soon.

Cheers,

Pete.

The tide seems to have some effect this week, last week the high tides were at 8-9ish this week is a lot later.

Looks like things got better after I left anyway. Well done !

Squid was quite rare this morning as I didn't managed to get any :thumbdown:

As long as you got something worth keeping by the end of the session :)

The tide seems to have some effect this week, last week the high tides were at 8-9ish this week is a lot later.

Looks like things got better after I left anyway. Well done !

Squid was quite rare this morning as I didn't managed to get any :thumbdown:

Yea, i still havnt figured out what tide/moon clifton fishes best on though :tease:

although , the time taken to catch the squid is deffinatley worth it., thats why i spent so long thismorning :biggrin2:

hey bmar were u at clifton gardens today if u were who were u as i was there aswell and for me squid was pretty easy as i managed 3squid n 1 cuttlefish in around 30minz of squiding

Nice work KingsRule.

Yeah I was there with my future :wife: this morning on the front left corner of the wharf. Maybe I was too impatient with the squids. Although I'm pretty sure that I got a hit from one of them early in the morning but got away.

Kingrule,

I always find rising tide in the morning works best especially if they're around 1.7-1.9m. Run out tide and afternoons always been crap for me anyway. But then I've had a "magical" session there in the afternoon

Edited by bmar560

Yeah I was there with my future :wife: this morning on the front left corner of the wharf. Maybe I was too impatient with the squids. Although I'm pretty sure that I got a hit from one of them early in the morning but got away.

Kingrule,

I always find rising tide in the morning works best especially if they're around 1.7-1.9m. Run out tide and afternoons always been crap for me anyway. But then I've had a "magical" session there in the afternoon

I was there this morning too. I was the guy on the steps. I tried for squid for a while without success and couldn't even tempt a yakka. So all I had was a squid I had caught a few days ago, but it's not the same as the live thing.

I find that the rising tide better too, probably towards the top of the tide. I must say hello the next time i'm there. I left at about 7:30am without getting a run.

I was there this morning too. I was the guy on the steps. I tried for squid for a while without success and couldn't even tempt a yakka. So all I had was a squid I had caught a few days ago, but it's not the same as the live thing.

I find that the rising tide better too, probably towards the top of the tide. I must say hello the next time i'm there. I left at about 7:30am without getting a run.

All you Clifton Kingy officianados need to all get Fishraider hats to wear so you can tell who is and who's not.

Seems a lot of you are Raiders and don't even know it.

Cheers,

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Do FishFinder and Wattos stock the hats?

Cheers.

Robbie.

I know they have the stickers Robbie, but not too sure about the hats.

I think Donna said they are ordering more hats soon, so I'm sure they will make some available to both sponsor's places.

Pete.