What Species During Winter And Spring?

Dolmo

Was just thinking about what happens in 3 months when alot of the sport fish go

What are the species you then begin to target over winter and spring?

Yellow Fin Tuna is popular in April/may time. We caught 6 in one day last year. Also Blue eyed cod, but you'll need to go 40Km out on the Mountain.

The harbour is still pretty good... salmon, tailor, snapper, trevally, luderick, john dory, i find they are a bigger class of bream too...

YFT..................Cant wait...........

From June through till September the yellowfin are going crazy.....Im sure i will be chasing them with the likes of Sammy, Crazyfisherdude, Offtap, Crazy John, SeaJay and many other raiders.

Absolutely cant wait

Also many hoodlums are around in winter...harder to find but when you do find them its worth the trouble

So for someone like me thats land based and getting kingies at the moment i would be doing the same sorts of things but getting tailor and salmon instead?

Should we expect more rat kings in the next few weeks with warmer waters?

yes you should!! i have sent you a PM which should help heaps...

YFT..................Cant wait...........

From June through till September the yellowfin are going crazy.....Im sure i will be chasing them with the likes of Sammy, Crazyfisherdude, Offtap, Crazy John, SeaJay and many other raiders.

Absolutely cant wait

Also many hoodlums are around in winter...harder to find but when you do find them its worth the trouble

Mate i am very much looking forward to the big fin returning!

So for someone like me thats land based and getting kingies at the moment i would be doing the same sorts of things but getting tailor and salmon instead?

Mate as soon as we get the run of bluewater in closer many more rats will appear along with some bigger specimens.

Each year you will see the blue water run into the harbour and thats when we get plagues of rats come in, and then itis very hard to catch the bigger ones as these 70cm (and less) kings wont leave your baits alone.

Then we just wait till it gets a tad cooler and then the majority of the rats leave a many hoody's stay around.