How Good Is This Rain

robthefisherman

We have got consistent heavy rain here from last night right through, the park 2 doors down from my place is a lake and the creek is a torrent and predicted to keep going till Wednesday, just hope it's getting into the cachment areas.

took the kids down the bush near the creek just down from my place and the had a ball running through the tracks shin deep and splaching about,

Lets hope it's hgets to the farmers as well :thumbup:

gerdens should be looking great in a week or so :yahoo:

I must say that it is great.

It has been pouring here at Penrith since this morning. :thumbup:

What a difference a few KM's can make Rzep.

I'm at Erskine Park and we've not had one single drop of rain. I can see it pouring all around us but we're right in the middle. As I type this the sun is out and it's blisteringly hot...

It looks to be falling in the catchment of warragamba on the map so lets hope it's getting a good top up.

Cheers

David.

G'day Rob

I had 94mm in the gauge this morning at 9.00am (24 hour period from 9.00am yesterday.)

Currently there is 36mm in the gauge since 9.00am this morning. :yahoo:

Still pissing down here at the moment too!!

Funny thing is that Camden hasn't even seen half of what we have had. :(

cheers :beersmile:

Hooky

Edited by Hooky.

How funny's this...? :biggrin2:

In the time between posting that it wasn't raining and now... well, it's absolutely pissing down.... :074::074:

Amazing, to the east it's still quite clear and bright but it's gone really cold here and the rain is coming down in buckets.

Hold the phone... it's now a sun shower, bright sunshine and rain.... :tease:

Crazy weather. :wacko::wacko:

Cheers

David.

Hi guys, this from BOM about an hour ago.

Issued at 6:17 PM Sunday, 11 February 2007.

Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce very heavy rainfall and flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours.

Major locations within the warning area include Orange, Mudgee, Dubbo, Parkes, Coonabarabran, Condobolin, Young, Wyalong, Deniliquin, Narrandera and Wagga Wagga.

I'm not a farmer but we live in an orchard area (Just outside Orange NSW) These poor buggas can't catch a break. First no rain, now storms & flash flooding. Last week we had a hail storm that caused a fair bit of damage to fruit & grapes in our area. One guy just up the road from us lost 3 cows. They froze to death in the hailstorm! The day before it was about 36 degrees.

Been raining here (Thunder storms & wind) for about 4-5 days on & off. I'm sure some farmers will be benifiting from it but flash floods & very heavy down pours tend to cause more damage than releif.

I wouldn't be a farmer for quids.

All I can hope for is some run off into the rivers & dams. Burrendong Dam is currently at 3.5 % capacity (Yup, that's not a typo, 3 1/2 %)

Edited by Boofhead