Middle Harbour

miller

Hi all

Put the boat in at tunks park about 8pm fri night to catch squid for sat

started slow managed 2 in the first hour .Then a mate(rob) rang and said he would

come for a couple of hours as his :wife: had made plans for them on sat morn

just after i picked him up it started from 9.30 till 12.30 we got 40 squid filled both live tanks

Only problem was i had broken the outlet mesh cover last outin and forgoten to fix it and the

small one s had escaped :05: after a recount i had only lost 4 :thumbup:dropped rob off and

settled in for the night

I awoke to a flat battery and my jump pack did not have enough left in it to start the engine

I would just like to thank old mate for giving me a jumpstart cheers mate u are a life saver

with the boat goin again i went to pic up my boss. As i had told him about the kings in MH

Every spot we tryed we where getting hits as soon as there were more than 4 boats at the spot we move on

in the end he caught 6 kings 3 legal pulled the hooks on another 6 and got 2 bream 38 n 40

I only managed 2 legal 68 n 72 the other 9 were just under and released

all in all a good time was had by all rob has some pics on his phone of the live tanks full of squid

will try and post later

I have to go and cook the kingy and squid bbq

Cheers MILLER

Sounds like an awesome session, Miller. Often, catching the squid can be pretty challenging - doesn't sound like you encountered such a problem! :thumbup::yahoo: Sounds like a good number of kings caught - even a few with some size to them :thumbup: . Great to hear that you got some thumper bream too! :1yikes:

Flattieman.

Good work on the 40 squid! Outa curiousity I thought the bag limit was 10 squid per person????????? :wacko:

Dan

taken straight from the DPI NSW Fisheries website.

Bag limits

There are five bag limit categories - zero, two, five, 10 or 20 fish per fisher.

Bag limit - is the maximum number of fish per person in possession.

A maximum daily bag limit of 20 applies to any fish or invertebrate not included in the tables below, except baitfish*.

*Pilchards, whitebait, bluebait, herring, anchovies, yellowtail, jack mackerel, slimy mackerel, garfish, hardyheads, soldier crabs, saltwater nippers and worms, except beach worms which are subject to a bag limit of 20.

Well done on a good day Miller!!!!

Matey you are the KING of squid, I have to go squidding with you one day!!!! plse, plse, plse................ :thumbup:.

Thanks for the info on the bag limit sammy, I wasnt trying to stir, but I did a quick search on NSW DPI an couldnt find it. Cheers Buddy! :biggrin2:

regards Dan

Edited by Dan and Greg

Hi all

I squid around the spit area

The rig i use is a patanosga rig with 2 droppers and 2 different colour squid jigs

I just leave the rods in the holders when the rod bends over ur on

one tip ill give is when u wind one in wind slow and watch for other sqiud chasing

just have a spare jig on a hand line and feed that to his mate.

Jessam not a problem mate will have to organise that trip soon.

cheers miller

ps flattieman the bream where taken on live squid on kingy rigs i was suprise they got the 8/0 hooks down

Edited by miller

Well done Miller......great stuff...i havent tried to squid yourt technique since you told me about it a few months back...might have to give it a try.

Shame you couldnt get any larger kings.....congrats again......