Dumb Things

kw367

HOW COULD I FORGET THIS ONE

Up at portstevons last easter staying at my caravan, decided to take the neighbour johns boat out and have a tube round the front of the caravan park( bayliner 2250l only 4 in Australia, 260hp v8)

We Launched at the lemon tree ramp, i go to johns son jamie did he put the bung in??? jamie goes oh yeh he never forgets that, motorin up the channel in a 4knot zone about 400 meters from the ramp jamie goes

(John why is the carpet wet?) OH crap the bung, we have been on this boat heaps of times and never forgot the bung, oh well we got the bung in pumped a good 300 liters out of the hull with the bilge.

cheers james

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow 60 posts absolutey smashing it ....

It seems to me something always goes wrong when i go fishing whether its a little thing or a big thing ....

Yesterday morning drove down to Davo to go fishing its about 20min drive from my house i wanted to try for some dewies cause of all the rain we had the day before. Anyway I forgot the mozzie spray left it sitting right on the kitchen bench after about 10min of fishing i couldnt bear it any longer i was getting smashed by mozzies i was jumpin around like a goose trying to get them off me...in the end i just ended up driving home and getting the spray but it was such a pain in the ass to pack up all me gear drive all the way home then drive back again....

HOW COULD I FORGET THIS ONE

Up at portstevons last easter staying at my caravan, decided to take the neighbour johns boat out and have a tube round the front of the caravan park( bayliner 2250l only 4 in Australia, 260hp v8)

We Launched at the lemon tree ramp, i go to johns son jamie did he put the bung in??? jamie goes oh yeh he never forgets that, motorin up the channel in a 4knot zone about 400 meters from the ramp jamie goes

(John why is the carpet wet?) OH crap the bung, we have been on this boat heaps of times and never forgot the bung, oh well we got the bung in pumped a good 300 liters out of the hull with the bilge.

cheers james

This is :offtopic: I know but, as Big Kev would('ve) said, "I'm excited!". Can you tell me more about the 2250 please? (I'm a 2050 owner).

Edited by kw367

Before being a boat owner id go out with a good mate around sydney heads for kingies and salmon, well one day where at south head and im fighting a fish and notice where getting close to the rocks so i yell out move the boat ....i get back i would if i could well i brake the line put down the ancor and where both over the back looking why the engine isnt going mind you within spitting distance of the rocks....15mins go past 30mins go past ....so then i say to him mate is this line suppose to be out, well he looks and is so happy connects it back and the motor starts.......silly bugger had the fuel cable come out.

But it dosent finish there after fishing all day we head back to the ramp and about 50mtrs before the engine dies..yep we ran out of petrol, both of us with hands trying to get closer to the ramp and lucky for us we get a tow back from the little tinny.

Now one of the silliest thing ive done as a NON-boater was the same mate and i went out fishing and we put in at i think rose bay he hops on the boat and im left to park the car. Off we go have a good day fishing i get the car he put the boat on and asks me to wind up the winch, well id forgot to put the winch back in the car after puting the boat in ....lucky for me the guy next to us had a shifting spanner.

Last one, this one as a boat owner,yes done the ears things cross that off, done the bungs things stike that off,....yes ive even done the strap one.....how you ask ,i dont know guess i was still asleep and decided ive got the bungs in and no ears on ok lets put the boat in...pushing pushing why the f... wont she come off the trailer my mate says it might work better without the strap on at the back of the boat...DOOOOUUUHHHH.

I pulled into a petrol station when I lived in NZ & the place was a-buzz - a bloke was filling up is boat with petrol & when it got to over 100 litres, he says - but the tank is only 80l, how could that be??

Pretty easy to explain when you put the petrol nozzle in the rod holder instead of the petrol tank!! He had over 100l of petrol in his bilge!

Very explosive situation!

I didn't hang round to find out what happened, but I reckon some choice words were said!

Cheers

Roberta

I pulled into a petrol station when I lived in NZ & the place was a-buzz - a bloke was filling up is boat with petrol & when it got to over 100 litres, he says - but the tank is only 80l, how could that be??

Pretty easy to explain when you put the petrol nozzle in the rod holder instead of the petrol tank!! He had over 100l of petrol in his bilge!

Very explosive situation!

I didn't hang round to find out what happened, but I reckon some choice words were said!

Cheers

Roberta

Now THAT is funny!!!

A mate of mine arrived at the ramp, unlatched his boat from the winch and proceeded to reverse down the ramp with the idea of hitting the brakes and his boat simply sliding into the water.... well, he hit the brakes too early and lauched his boat onto the ramp. The sound of Evinrude hitting concrete was not nice.. sort of a dull thud followed by a metallic tinnie slab as the bow keel dopped onto the ramp.

Bloody funny though.

A mate of mine arrived at the ramp, unlatched his boat from the winch and proceeded to reverse down the ramp with the idea of hitting the brakes and his boat simply sliding into the water.... well, he hit the brakes too early and lauched his boat onto the ramp. The sound of Evinrude hitting concrete was not nice.. sort of a dull thud followed by a metallic tinnie slab as the bow keel dopped onto the ramp.

Bloody funny though.

There was an artical around some years back titled " The Captain & the Kid". Did something similar but forgot to undo the front safety chain , low tide , wet / slipery ramp , rolled back , hit the brakes , trailer , boat & the complete rear end of the car into the water.

The boat ended up at 90 degrees to the trailer , tide now rising , the electronics / motor in the car died.

With the help of some on lookers & tow truck they finally got it out.

Geoff

Hmmmmmmmmm where do I start

No 1 bringing a 4 -4/1ft bronze whaler aboard on our last boat (11-12FT tinny with 9hp) which was quiet literally a bathtub with a motor!!! Green shark, close confines = ALLOTTT of damage done

No 2 Getting caught outside the heads in the same boat with a 1M rising swell, an a 30knt NNE that just started pumping outa nowhere! Thank gawd we had alot of other boaties caught out there with us! Safety in numbers

Dan an Greg

There was an artical around some years back titled " The Captain & the Kid". Did something similar but forgot to undo the front safety chain , low tide , wet / slipery ramp , rolled back , hit the brakes , trailer , boat & the complete rear end of the car into the water.

The boat ended up at 90 degrees to the trailer , tide now rising , the electronics / motor in the car died.

With the help of some on lookers & tow truck they finally got it out.

Geoff

Geoff went down the cooks river the other day and put in at kymera(think thats how its spelt)saw a car in the river backwards about 4mtrs in, couldnt see the trailer but it wouldnt suprise me if its there also.

Anther i just remembered was a guy i fished with who went to retrieve hi jighead off a rack post, watched as he had one foot on the post the other on the boat and you guessed it the boat went one way he was doing the splits till plonk, couldnt help but crack up laughing. :074:

Great posts keep them coming!!!!!!!!!

Well here's my best 2

1) It's about 2.30am and we stop off at the servo to fill up. Throw the nozzle in and start pumping the fuel when immediately it's clicking AHHH. Check the fuel guage she's empty, start again and clicks straight away so I pull the nozzle up a bit and start filling alls well. When my young fella comes out of the car and says Dad whats taking so long and I reply I don't know she's filling real slow this morning. He proceeds to hop in the boat to get something out and says gee it smells of petrol in here. Then it finally dawns on me I placed the nozzle in the rod holder :thumbdown: I will never live that one down.

2) This ones about my famous brother inlaw. We were at Berrowa fishin away when he says he's got to do a no1 like right now. I go but where and he suggests to drop him off on this sand bank at Joe Crafts creek, so I proceeded and he hops out and heads for the mangroves. All's quiet and he's been at it for a while when I hear an almighty scream and I turn around to see him running out of the Mangroves with his dacks around his knees onto the sand bank screaming get it off me get it off me. I finally realised that he had a huge mud crab attached to his right cheek :1prop::1prop::1prop: It's got to be the funniest thing I've ever seen. He latched on so hard that it drew blood and I had to use the pliers to break the claw off. He couldn't sit down for days.

The moral of this one is never do a crap on a mud crab :05:

Great posts keep them coming!!!!!!!!!

Well here's my best 2

1) It's about 2.30am and we stop off at the servo to fill up. Throw the nozzle in and start pumping the fuel when immediately it's clicking AHHH. Check the fuel guage she's empty, start again and clicks straight away so I pull the nozzle up a bit and start filling alls well. When my young fella comes out of the car and says Dad whats taking so long and I reply I don't know she's filling real slow this morning. He proceeds to hop in the boat to get something out and says gee it smells of petrol in here. Then it finally dawns on me I placed the nozzle in the rod holder :thumbdown: I will never live that one down.

2) This ones about my famous brother inlaw. We were at Berrowa fishin away when he says he's got to do a no1 like right now. I go but where and he suggests to drop him off on this sand bank at Joe Crafts creek, so I proceeded and he hops out and heads for the mangroves. All's quiet and he's been at it for a while when I hear an almighty scream and I turn around to see him running out of the Mangroves with his dacks around his knees onto the sand bank screaming get it off me get it off me. I finally realised that he had a huge mud crab attached to his right cheek :1prop::1prop::1prop: It's got to be the funniest thing I've ever seen. He latched on so hard that it drew blood and I had to use the pliers to break the claw off. He couldn't sit down for days.

The moral of this one is never do a crap on a mud crab :05:

Hey Spic, ever lived in NZ? I think Roberta might be talking about you in post #65.