Longtom With An Attitude

stitcho

Went for a quick flick around my local weedbeds this morning. Was in about thigh deep water when I saw a few prawns flicking around. A quick cast and I managed to hook a longtom about 40cms.

Released him and he happily swam away, only to shoot back and latch on to my foot! Had to reach down and rip him off. Now have two nice rows of holes on my foot. Has this happened to anyone else?

Think I might wade in to shore to take the hook out next time.

Went for a quick flick around my local weedbeds this morning. Was in about thigh deep water when I saw a few prawns flicking around. A quick cast and I managed to hook a longtom about 40cms.

Released him and he happily swam away, only to shoot back and latch on to my foot! Had to reach down and rip him off. Now have two nice rows of holes on my foot. Has this happened to anyone else?

Think I might wade in to shore to take the hook out next time.

Man thats funny, :074:

cheeky little bugger

penguin

Edited by penguin

PML... YES!!!!

My old man caught one in a cast net one night. Got him out ok, only to not grab it far enough towards the head. The thing swung around & proceeded to chomp up n down on my oldmans arm! LMAO, he come home bloodied with heaps of tiny needle teeth bites all over his arm...

Revenge is sweet, that's pretty funny mate. I caught a Port Jackson Shark up near Box Head once and I took it back with me to show my little cousin. When I went to release it at the waters edge it turned around and came and rested on my foot! I shoved it away and took a couple of steps to the right and it came back and rested on my foot again! Had some sort of weird crush on me :1prop:

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by costa

Thats a hell of a story. They are really hard to hook.

When I was ten i watched another kid jag one off Narrabeen Bridge. He hooked it around the mid section. He held it up to show his dad and it spun round and round like a hellicopter. Then the unthinkable happened. It bit him on the nuts!!!

I will never forget.

davo