Frozen Nippers

hustler57

Guest IFishSick.

Mate you should be able to get 2 days out of your nippers in a 15lt bucket with a good quality aerator.

I havn't frozen nippers, got some dead ones given to me which will make burley next time I go because, yes, they are soft as........

Hi All

Just to clear up a couple of things.

1. It is not illegal to frezze nippers

2. I have been frezzing nippers for years and I have no problems when it comes to using them for bream, trevally and kingfish. Yes they can go a bit soft, but a half hitch takes care of that. The trick to frezzing them is to have them dry before you frezze them.

GB

thanks guys i pumped around sandringham near the bridge on friday and got a heap of them, and i also found out that its not illegal to freeze them ask i asked some one who runs a fishing charter business in south sydney, but im still curious about how and where do i get sand worms ..

thanks guys i pumped around sandringham near the bridge on friday and got a heap of them, and i also found out that its not illegal to freeze them ask i asked some one who runs a fishing charter business in south sydney, but im still curious about how and where do i get sand worms ..

Hi

Are you referring to beach worms, squirt worms, tube worms or blood worms. Just a bit confused aa to what worms you would like to catch at Brighton Beach?

GB

A good place to pump nippers is across the water from brighton at towra

I thought Towra was an intertidal protected zone. I have heard of people getting fines for pumping nippers there. Can anyone confirm this?

I thought Towra was an intertidal protected zone. I have heard of people getting fines for pumping nippers there. Can anyone confirm this?

Hope this clears up a few things

The area of Towra is not an IPA, it is a Aquatic Resreve that has within it a Refuge and a Snactuary Zone.

IT IS AS FOLLOWS

Towra Point Aquatic Reserve is adjacent to Towra Point Nature Reserve, which is managed by National Parks and Wildlife Service. Together, the reserves form the Towra International Wetlands and are the largest and most diverse estuarine wetland complex remaining in the Sydney region.

Towra Point was listed under the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands of International Importance in 1984 because the area supports populations of migratory wading birds, which roost and feed in and around the area.

The estuarine habitats found at Towra Point include mangroves, saltmarsh, seagrass, tidal mudflats, and terrestrial vegetation communities that form a complex and integrated ecosystem. Conservation of all these important habitats promotes the continued use of the area by migratory waders, and preserves habitat for invertebrates and fish.

What you can do in the reserve

Within the sanctuary zone of the reserve people are able to observe the marine plants and animals with care. Fishing and the collection of marine vegetation is prohibited.

Within the refuge zone people can take fish by means of hook and line and use a net that may be lawfully used by a recreational fisher. See Saltwater Methods and Gear for information on permitted gear for recreational fishers. The aquatic reserve was declared in 1987.

GB

just on this second issue only port hacking, i have 1 book that says no traps or nets allowed in port hacking, another book excludes gunnamatta bay from this ban, can i use witches hats in darook park flats?

Edited by wildfish

just on this second issue only port hacking, i have 1 book that says no traps or nets allowed in port hacking, another book excludes gunnamatta bay from this ban, can i use witches hats in darook park flats?

Hi wildfish

No nets or traps are allowed anywhere in the Port Hacking. This has been around for a number of years.

That is unless you are using a landing net or a poddy mullet trap.

GB

hey fellow raiders, well i can say that if you want nippers go to sandringham/ sans souci, right next to the boat club which is next to tom uglys bridge at low tide its great for nippers and im sick of buying bait from the bait shops and wanna catch my own so im looking for area's in south west sydney where i can catch my own worms, so where can i catch them in south sydney ???? and how