Port Hacking

paulg

Hi,

I have been fishing in port hacking a number of times, (6 times)

but have not had any luck at all.

Never brought a keeper home.

Can anyone shed some light as to where i might get a feed of whiting, bream, flathead, or even kingfish within the port and what tides would suit best.

I drop the boat in at burraneer bay,

Any help is welcome.

The aim is to catch some fish for my little 8month old

Mr RB.

Guest IFishSick.

Mate because you have a boat, the possibilities are endless.

First spot you want to try is mainbar. Get yourself a bucket full of nippers and cast them out near the weedbeds on the Western side of the flats and in the channel that runs through.

Seconds is up South West Arm, around Gray's point area for Whiting too.

For flatties you should try soft plastics around Jibben Beach and around the rocky points seperating the beaches.

For Kingies, personally have no experience with them except in Bate Bay. But I hear the deep spots in South West Arm with live squid is the place to be.

And if non of those spots prevail. Anchor up in a nice deep spot some where and float nippers or prawns down a burley trail for bream.

i used to always use live nippers, my fav spot was to anchor just out of channel on soutern side of channel into gunnamatta and little burly and cast un weighted into weeds in channel only add split shot if current is too fast. lots of little squire but also always produced a few rippers (bream, trevally, whiting also a legal snapper once) you will get tonnes of under size but all good fun with few takerd inbetween.

head out of buraneer bay turn right and head down the channel on the run up tide fish near the last red marker on the inside of it i fished there a couple of times even got a few decent snapper and bream early morning try the nippers but i find pilchards to work better in the hacking and flesh baits, good luck :1fishing1:

I haven't been out for over a month down to the hacking, I love the waterway in terms of its cleanliness and supply of fish, only problem is I'm yet to land a keeper down there. I've tried a few different areas, some are successful if your not after keepers (ie. fun for the kiddies), but apart from that I'm still looking for somewhere along there with easy car access for land based. Damn do I wanna go fishing again :( Curse UNI !!

Thanks raiders,

will give it a shot, tossing up whether to hit hacking or harbour, this weekend

any possible spots for kingies or possible jew in the hacking.

The moored boats in gunamatta, are they productive. ?

Mr RB.

Guest IFishSick.

Well I really can't be bothered with the crabs as it is illegal to use nets or traps.

But down at Lilli Pilli warf a guy dumped a few King and Jewie carcases, and in 1 hour there were 2 sizish crabs onto them.