Perfect Day!

fisherwoman

:biggrin2: Hey all,

was supposed to go out Saturday in the Harbour but got food poisoning Friday night..... :puke:

So THE SWEENY (my dad) and I decided to head out Sunday :1fishing1: and oohhhhhh what a day. :yahoo:

got to Tunks at 5.30am expecting it to be a bit busy, with the bridges birthday and all, it was dead, there were like 3 cars there. You beauty, put the boat in and headed to balmoral to get some bait, was there for 2 mins and first yakka was in the boat, then dad gets something big on the bait line that busts off, he thinks stuff this, grabs MY new rod, a uglystick - baitcaster, with my reel that i won on at the King Social, and puts some squid on it and down it goes,

I am standing there looking at it and BANG, i'm on, bring it in a nice red measuring 35cm's. Keeper. Bait goes back in, bang another snapper same size, end up with 4 snapper between 35 and 40cms and a bream at 38cm's. Give dad the rod cos he is a bit bored/gealous and bang he brings in a beautiful flatty measuring about 48cms. :yahoo:

So the total on my new rod, 4 snapper, 1 flatty, 1 bream. I LOVE THIS ROD. :biggrin2:

Then dad gets on with his rod, this fish is taking him everywhere, it goes straight for the anchor he yells "KING KING" !!!, brings in a nice king at 65cm's.

We couldn't believe it this all happened in about 2 hours, and all at the bait grounds, it was amazing.

It went quiet after a little while so thought we would go check out CG but that was quiet too only had one hit and it busted off. So we went home at lunch with a nice bag of fish.

I have got the pics on my camera will post them soon.

Kat

Great session Kat....all while gathering bait..even better.

It always pays to have a line in the water around there as you just never know what's lurking close by.

Great haul of fish and hope you enjoy eating that kingy.

Well done. :yahoo:

Cheers,

Pete.

Top job bet your stoked with that :1fishing1:

We were definitely stoked, it was great

Well done very productive morning...i was spewing i didnt hit the water yesterday after a mate told me it was dead also traffic wise

Thanks, There were hardly any boats on the water either, it was crazy, we thought it would be busy. They must have all been up under/near the bridge.

Thanks, There were hardly any boats on the water either, it was crazy, we thought it would be busy. They must have all been up under/near the bridge.

I did the bridge walk about 10am and the boat traffic under the bridge was much less than I expected also. There was several ferries carrying on - maybe people were keeping clear of them and the area generally?

Edited by go-fish

now that is what you call quality tucker :beersmile:

all those fish you caught are all special on the dinner table.

well done

yes the snapper were the perfect size for a dinner plate, all fish were fat little buggers they have definitely been feeding alot lately.

Well done, Fisherwoman & Dad

What a great session! Always fun when the fish are on the chew! Must give it a go one day, next time we are in Sydney ,my brother in law has just purchased a yak!

Cheerio

Roberta