1 Hour Squid Session

Guest MRS WATTO

Guest MRS WATTO

Hi All

This afternoon Sean and I decided to go squid fishing to test some new squid jigs that have just arrived.

We used 3 different jigs which all caught squid. We went to Kissing Point Park for just over 1 hour and landed 6 squid which hopefully will turn out to be kingies over the easter weekend.

The 3 jigs that we used was the shadowmaster, mango prawn and full lumo jig.

post-2011-1175081550_thumb.jpg

Guest MRS WATTO

This ain't the Kissing Pt Park on the Parra River is it?

Didn't think squid would be that far up there!

Nice ones.

Thats the place mike

Thanks for the report, Claudia. Those Mango Shrimp jigs look like the strangest things on the Juro website, but it seems that they work on the squid! Gotta love cheaper jigs (than yo-zuris) that actually work! I've tried the Mako Shrimp Pros - got 12 squid in about 1.5 hours. I may well have to make a trip out to Watto's soon...

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

Sean: 5.5 - Claudia - 0.5 she only gets 0.5 cause sean helped her bring it up :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Sean i want me some squid over the easter weeken, i'm going come up and get some seeya soon buddy!

p.s sorry claudia you know i still love ya :)

Guest MRS WATTO

So Claudia,

How many did YOU catch? and How many did SEAN catch?

Score please

I caught 3 and WATTO caught 3, but I caught the first one, it was great fun. Greg you should take Lesley squid fishing one afternoon, pack a picnic basket and spend a romantic afternoon with your wife

What an excuse. PRODUCT TESTING :074:

How good is that.

I wouldn't of thought that you would get squid there. Well done. :thumbup:

I might have to come with you next time that you have to product test. :074:

Edited by rzep

Hi All

This afternoon Sean and I decided to go squid fishing to test some new squid jigs that have just arrived.

We used 3 different jigs which all caught squid. We went to Kissing Point Park for just over 1 hour and landed 6 squid which hopefully will turn out to be kingies over the easter weekend.

The 3 jigs that we used was the shadowmaster, mango prawn and full lumo jig.

post-2011-1175081550_thumb.jpg

hey,

i live up the road from there in putney. dont have a boat. do i have a chance in getting some squid and how?

cheers

Hi Mrs Watto

How do you keep the squid "fresh" till Easter and does Egimax come in a tube like Stimulate ultrabite. I got a can of Egimax yesterday and will give it a go the next few days.How often and how much Egimax do you apply on the jig?

Regards Kit

FRESH FROZEN.

APPLY APPROX EVERY HALF HOUR

EGIMAX has fish attractants and a powder which reacts to light to emit ultraviolet rays, making it a daytime spray. Packed with Squids favourite concentrated natural attractants. Simply spray the lure for a strong coating of "taste and scent". Also the ultraviolet emitting powder included in the spray cuts through clouded daytime water, to give a clear bright colour to the squid lure and strong presence.

** HOT TIP *** ECOGEAR Pro Anglers use EGIMAX on their bream lures when fishing in high pressure waters. Try using EGIMAX on standard hardbody lures when the fish seem to turn their nose up at everything you cast. It will give any lure that bit of extra impact to drag a bite out of even the most pressured fish.

Thanks Mrs Watto

Regards Kit

Guest MRS WATTO

I heard a few fishraiders went to the same jetty last nite, trying to catch squid.

OFFTAP was one of them!!!!!!!!!!!! Who were the others??????????????????????

Guest MRS WATTO

Fellas,

Next time you're down there let me know. I live just up the road. Would be good to meet up with a few other raiders.

Cheers

Kurt

Not a problem Kurt, we will send you a pm next time we go.