South Coast Jewie

pekingduck

Posting this on behalf of my brother, who on Saturday got his first Jewie.

We’ve been getting some good salmon and tailor from this gutter over the last few weeks, but this was a top effort for someone who had never fished off the beach until 2 weeks ago.

After a couple of runs he calls for a stingray, but after he got it past the break and it turned on its side they were all cheering…..UNTIL..his line snaps a few metres away and the fish is flapping in the whitewash.

So….he does what any respectable fisho would do..he dives on it and tackles it , gets dumped by a few waves and manages to drag it out.

Didn’t measure or weigh it, but I’d call it around 10kg ??

post-801-1177304999_thumb.jpg

That IS a great jewie for someone who's only been fishing off the beaches for two weeks. :1badmood:

Any details? Bait used, tide time?

This is going to make a mockery of Jewie fishing...but he got it 7pm...think that was about an hour after the low on a pilchard on ganged hooks.

This is going to make a mockery of Jewie fishing...but he got it 7pm...think that was about an hour after the low on a pilchard on ganged hooks.

not the first and definately wont be the last jewie taken by that method, i saw a 20kg model landed on the same rig at the entrance beach about 6 years ago and there i was with fresh tailor fillets for zilch...thats fishing. good on him though, great effort.

awsome jew mate how far south you talking stanwell area??? i realise you probly wont say but its worth asking.

Let's just say it was a beach down south.....which might be 11.27 kilometres wide :1prop:

Edited by pekingduck

Nice looking fish, gotta love em!

Well done to the bro mate. Dusk & just after is a top time to nail a Jew from the beach. Should be plenty of more over the next couple of months. :biggrin2:

I'll say 9kg.

Beautiful fish no matter what it weighed. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

excellent jewie tri, congrats to your brother.

i have noticed that the jewies are starting to play with some of the reports that have been posted.

great news, now i just need to get one after 2 years of trying. :mellow::huh:

7.04375 miles!

& I'm younger than you Dave!!!

The beach I was thinking of seems to have grown by 0.04375 miles.

Given I turn 40 in two mths you have to let me "have a go" at older blokes while I still can.

Dave

The beach I was thinking of seems to have grown by 0.04375 miles.

Given I turn 40 in two mths you have to let me "have a go" at older blokes while I still can.

Dave

:Funny-Post::074:

I'm not that far behind you mate!

Cheers,

Grant.