Noosa Report

KingsRule

just got back from noosa

Did quite a bit of fishing in the river, didnt get so much as a hookup though :thumbdown:

Went on a couple of charters and managed my first cobia (5~6kg) :yahoo: , no monster but gave me alot of stick !!!

Caught a few other new species aswell :biggrin2:

th.13eccc5a85.jpg

th.6621e3ba18.jpg

th.303dbcc6d3.jpg

th.5945d6e867.jpg

th.fc65ef2ef5.jpg

As you can see the conditions were horrific :biggrin2:

(just click on the photos to enlarge)

the noosa river is pretty screwed up. My dad used to live there and there was only one trip out of about 10 or so that we did on the river where we caught anything that we could take home (2 nice flatties). Usually we onyl catch a few undersized bream, that's about it. Everyone says the frying pan (near the river mouth) and the entrance to the lakes are good spots, but all that gross weed everywhere, combined with the tourism boom has put a lot of pressure on fish stocks up there.

Deep sea guys usually do really well though from what I hear so charters sound like a great idea.

Rob whats that fish in the 1st pic?

penguin

Hey penguin, im pretty sure its a baby amberjack

our guide pulled in a juvinile samson in comparison it had more yellow and brown colouration and was a tad deeper in the body

Cobe was kept, sadly it was deeply hooked.

Hey penguin, im pretty sure its a baby amberjack

our guide pulled in a juvinile samson in comparison it had more yellow and brown colouration and was a tad deeper in the body

Cobe was kept, sadly it was deeply hooked.

Yep, I believe the first fish is an Amberjack. Looks exactly like a King, but squashed and stumpy. Samsons have a lot more colour on them and are distinctly different to the Kings and Amberjacks, but of course they all come from the same Seriola family.

top work mate, real shame bout the weather though we

all hate it when the sun is shining and there is no swell,

that must of been hell. but seriusly well done on the fish

especially the cobia i would love to catch one so well done

mate. good to see a bit of range caught to fair few different

fish were taken. anyway glad you got some fish and looked

to have a good time out there to.

regards mark

My parents live up there so I have done all the charters and I have found Noose Blue Water charters the best....as for landbased and river fishing in Noosa, you just have to know where to go...there are plenty of fish up there and I always get a feed everytime I go fishing... I can easily walk away from Teewah with 10-15 Whiting averaging 30-33cm, the frying pan has wayyyyy to much boat traffic and the fact its sooo shallow means the fish spook easy, your better off upstream.

wat a nice range of fish u have there. Must be good fighting that massive cobia.

LOL how many people did u share the cobia with to eat?

I didnt, gave it to our guide

i already had a pizza envisioned for that night anyways :1prop: