Land Base Game..2 Big Kings 12kg & 14kg

Flat rock

Hi fellow raiders,me and 3 mates went for a land base kingy fish like we do pritty much every day off sydneys northern beaches and landed 2 big kings,i got a 12kg on a 1.5kg squid and my mate got a 14kg on a live yakka.I hooked up first and my mate was 2mins after me..my mate steve also hooked another king of 6.5kg and we let him go..here are some pics below...enjoy..sorry the my story is short and quick...

here are a couple more

1 more

post-3622-1177989185_thumb.jpg

post-3622-1177989201_thumb.jpg

post-3622-1177989310_thumb.jpg

post-3622-1177989323_thumb.jpg

post-3622-1177989390_thumb.jpg

na mate the conditions were perfect ,no wind at all..there was good white wash and great cloud cover there for these big king hang closer to the surface...and it was teaming down hard with rain when we hooked up

Edited by flat rock

about 15mins,you really have to be patient and take your time otherwise bang he will bust ya...remember the harder you pull,he will pull 3times as hard...

ahhh the softly softly approach!!!!! :1fishing1:

Guys they are really really top fish! :1prop:

Maybe i should be trying more on the northern ledges.

I went out LBG on the eastern suburbs 2wks ago and all i managed was an 11kg giant cuttlefish on a baby live octopus. It tasted great though!

Good work guys, i must say i'm extremely happy for you guys and just a litle bit jelous all at once :tease:

Simply AWESOME!!!

You rock hoppers always seem to get the BIGGEST kings!!! I may have to trade in my boat and get my cleats back. Those photos takes me back to the old days when I had fewer grey hairs. The conditions look crap in the background.... very very well done! Cheers Kelvin

Well done guys. Woohoo. They are two very nice fish. What great fun from the rocks.

Can I ask if you put your baits out unweighted or under a float or balloon? You mention the cloud cover allowing the fish to come to the surface so I assume your using floats of some kind.

How do you cast 1.5kg of squid? That's a job on it's own.

Green with envy. I'd have loved to be there just to watch.

Simply AWESOME!!!

You rock hoppers always seem to get the BIGGEST kings!!! I may have to trade in my boat and get my cleats back. Those photos takes me back to the old days when I had fewer grey hairs. The conditions look crap in the background.... very very well done! Cheers Kelvin

I'll take ya boat, it will be well looked after :1prop:

That is a big set of kings, i dream of catchin one that big.

cheers james

Simply AWESOME!!!

Hey Kelvin,

I've seen your boat and I'd gladly trade you a pair of cleats for it :1prop: What the hell I'll toss in a second pair for nothing :wacko:

Josh