Permatrim

labrador

Hi Raiders,

My daughter probably read my post recently and guess what she bought me? the "permatrim" for my birthday, what a thoughtful daughter she is. The thing is when I read the instruction the first thing I have to do is to take out the propeller which I never done before, any tips from you guys to take it out properly and easily will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scout

Hi Raiders,

My daughter probably read my post recently and guess what she bought me? the "permatrim" for my birthday, what a thoughtful daughter she is. The thing is when I read the instruction the first thing I have to do is to take out the propeller which I never done before, any tips from you guys to take it out properly and easily will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scout

Scout Not sure why the prop needs to come off , the Permatrim bolts on top of the cavation plate so there should be ample space.

Normally prop's are retained with a large nut & split pin. Remove the pin then the nut, Some have spacers under the nut , remember which way they are fitted prior to removal.

The prop should then slide off the shaft.

It is preferable to fit a new split pin rather than using the old one when reinstalling

Geoff

You should take the prop off because it makes it easier to drill the holes straight and create the countersinking to get the bolts flush.

The prop nut will either have a split pin or a tab washer to prevent it from comming undone by itself. The hardest part is holding the prop while undoing the nut.

Follow the instructions I found them to be very good.

Ohh I forgot, before you start drilling place a rag over the prop shaft / exhaust port, this will prevent metal shavings going into the exhaust port and sticking to the grease on the prop shaft.

Edited by gone_wishin

Hi Scout, Just fitted one to my zuki, agree not hard to remove prop make sure grease the splines when replacing. Instruction are quiet good but use a couple of small G clamps to position it before starting to drill, also I found it easier to tilt the motor back. I used marine grade sikaflex in the holes while assembling and fitted stainless washers (which are not supplied). PM me if any problems. Rod