Furuno Fcv 585

lukeric

Hi, im Looking at purchasing a Furuno fcv585 sounder with 1kw transducer,Just wondering if anyone has one of these sounders and if so what depth can this unit reach.

Thanks

Luke.

I have the exact unit and i can get bottom clearly at browns 500mts but only when just over idle speed, i lose bottom at 8knots at over 300mts. Excellant Unit Though.

Hi Luke,

I have a 585 as well however I run the 600w transducer, I can also pickup the bottom at browns @ 500 metres as long as I'm going less than 3 knots. Trolling at 8 knots I will loose bottom at around 300 metres.

Mate, the Furuno's are a great piece of gear and there are not many sounders that will surpass!

God bless lowrance and their workshops(I have two of them) but they can't touch Furuno

with function what so ever !

Between the two of them.......... Go for what you can afford!

Mate, the Furuno's are a great piece of gear and there are not many sounders that will surpass!

God bless lowrance and their workshops(I have two of them) but they can't touch Furuno

with function what so ever !

Between the two of them.......... Go for what you can afford!

Hey, and think carefully about the 1kw transducer thingamy jigg. Mine is 600w and has not let me down to about 800ft. Never gone deeper!!!!!!!!

Cheers

An excellent unit, definitely the best for the price in the current market.

You might find that you can get it cheaper from overseas,Forget going to Bias,they are expensive.

Mate the 620 is an identical unit just with a smaller screen.....both units are very good

Netic you talking about the new model 620?

They are great.

You really can,t go past a Furuno

Yeah i am, the main difference between the 620 and the 585 is the screen size and the fact that you can put a 1kw transducer on the 585, but as standard they both come with a 600w transducer

Edited by netic