Good Day Out

shellback

HI ALL

THIS PICTURE IS ABOUT 18 MONTHS OLD

BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD STICK IT IN. THE STORY WITH IT IS, I WAS FISHING IN BRISBANE WATER ( PADDIES CHANNEL) FOR WHITING & BREAM, WITH SQUIRT WORMS AND PINK NIPPERS,WHEN OFF WENT ONE OF THE RODS, PICKED IT UP AND THOUGHT NOT ANOTHER RAY ANYWAY SWAM IT UP TO THE SURFACE AND THERE IT WAS !

THE FLATHEAD HAD TAKEN THE BREAM, WHICH IN IT SELF WAS 27CM. NOW THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE, AND THE FISH GERNERALLY SPEAKING WOULD SPIT THE SMALLER FISH AS SOON AS IT GETS NEAR THE BOAT SO I DID NOT EXPECT TO GET IT IN THE BOAT,ANY I DID ON 6LB LINE FROM WHAT I COULD MAKE OUT AS I WAS PULLING THE BREAM ITS DORSAL AND PECTORAL FIN WERE EXTENDED WHICH WAS JAMING IN THE FLATHEADS MOUTH IT TOOK SOME TIME TO LAND WEIGHT 6.7kgs

REGARDS COLBRA

PS SORRY IF THERE IS SPELLING OR BAD GRAMMER THE WIFE IS STILL ASLEEP AND CAN NOT PROOF READ THIS ONE

REGARDS COL

AS IT WAS IN FLATHEADS MOUTH PUT BACK IN

REGARDS COLBRA

post-4388-1180302805_thumb.jpg

post-4388-1180303021_thumb.jpg

Edited by colbra

:1yikes::1yikes::1yikes::1yikes:

Thats a monster of a Flatty,

I've had Kings steal my Bream in the past only 2ft away from

the boat,always resulted in a bust off, u were very lucky to

land a fine fish as that.

penguin

Awesome flattie, Col!!! Serves him right for stuffing that bream down his gob!!! Greedy Bugger! Like you, I have had it happen before when the flattie takes a live bream (often a tiny one you don't even know is on ....), but as you say, spit the hook as it was in the bream, not the flattie!

Great photo for the album!

Cheers

Roberta

Guest Big-Banana

I actually had this happen to my with a 81cm flatty. Although the flatty seemed to choke on the bream and as I pulled the bream out of its gob it went absolutely ballistic on board.

Fantastic!

What a great pic & story.

We had a flattie swim up with another (One hooked one free swimming) & I somehow managed to land both in the net at once. I think from memory it was a 2 metre flattie we had.....Oh ok, it was about 70cm.

That's a brilliant shot of it in his gob. Greedy begger.

Guest Reely

Crazy, had it happen with a snapper at port stephens not long ago, and another mate got one nearly 1.3m in Hawkesbury on live Cowan young and when it surfaced, he realised he had hooked a catfish in the mouth of the Flatty, what a hungry fish!!! but the hooks fell out of the catfish as he was gonna lift into net

K.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...