Middle Harbour Rats

zen801

Hi raiders,

Got up late and decided to head out for a run out tide fish. Was more interested in just taking the boat out for the last spin until spring.

Headed out with my good luck mate Steve from South OZ and my daughters boyfriend Jeremy. Was on the water about 10:30 am and ran into Humesy and his sweet new boat. Nice boat mate and what a good price for such a clean looking boat.

Headed to a spot well known by many raiders and featuring heavily on the kingie reports for months now.

Only had a bag of servo pillies and some fresh squid given to me by fishy fingers on my last fishing trip.

Tied off to a buoy and down went three baits - pillie cubes and strips of squid. Within 30 minutes we had a keeper rat in the esky. It took a pillie as the squid strips only attracted pickers. Not long after that another rod goes off with a huge run and tangles both other rods. During the mayhem the kingie made it closer to shore and Ping !!!!. This seemed much bigger than the first. The rats then started following our baits up and we were watching them swimming around near the boat. Most looked in the 60 - 70 cm range. Things went quiet for awhile until another hit and run about 30 mins later. This one went wide and it got tangled around the marker buoy and it wasnt looking good to get this one in the boat. We pulled the boat in and i tried to wrangle the king out from the around the buoy rope. He seemed to be wrapped around down close to the bottom. After awhile i got him free and got him up to the side of the boat. Finally got him into the net when he made it straight threw a big hole in the net. I am thinking there is know way this fella is gonna end up in the boat he was using every dirty trick in the kingie book. Long story short got him up again and netted.

Great little session on the water and amazed to still be getting these guys in June. The fresh squid just didnt do it today with the humble pillie cube bringing home the results.

Cheers

post-2060-1180779542_thumb.jpg

Great catch Zenman so late in the season...They just don't want to go anywhere by the sounds of it...Maybe Sydney Harbour is going to become their permanent home!!

On the humble servo pillies too....they must be bloody hungry...Well done.

Cheers,

Pete.

Hi raiders,

Got up late and decided to head out for a run out tide fish. Was more interested in just taking the boat out for the last spin until spring.

Headed out with my good luck mate Steve from South OZ and my daughters boyfriend Jeremy. Was on the water about 10:30 am and ran into Humesy and his sweet new boat. Nice boat mate and what a good price for such a clean looking boat.

Headed to a spot well known by many raiders and featuring heavily on the kingie reports for months now.

Only had a bag of servo pillies and some fresh squid given to me by fishy fingers on my last fishing trip.

Tied off to a buoy and down went three baits - pillie cubes and strips of squid. Within 30 minutes we had a keeper rat in the esky. It took a pillie as the squid strips only attracted pickers. Not long after that another rod goes off with a huge run and tangles both other rods. During the mayhem the kingie made it closer to shore and Ping !!!!. This seemed much bigger than the first. The rats then started following our baits up and we were watching them swimming around near the boat. Most looked in the 60 - 70 cm range. Things went quiet for awhile until another hit and run about 30 mins later. This one went wide and it got tangled around the marker buoy and it wasnt looking good to get this one in the boat. We pulled the boat in and i tried to wrangle the king out from the around the buoy rope. He seemed to be wrapped around down close to the bottom. After awhile i got him free and got him up to the side of the boat. Finally got him into the net when he made it straight threw a big hole in the net. I am thinking there is know way this fella is gonna end up in the boat he was using every dirty trick in the kingie book. Long story short got him up again and netted.

Great little session on the water and amazed to still be getting these guys in June. The fresh squid just didnt do it today with the humble pillie cube bringing home the results.

Cheers

Well done Mike, can’t believe the kingies are still around at this time of year!! Maybe I have switched myself to other species too early! The two kingies looks beautiful, sure your family will enjoy the Sashimi.

:1fishing1:

Louis

Good work mate!!!!

Its weird how one day fresh squid is all they will touch then the next they don't want a bar of it!!!!! We had pillies down yesterday for nothing!!!! These little rats are still teaching us a thing or two right when you think you've got em sussed!!!! Thats why i love em i guess!!!!

Edited by fishlexic

tried for a king from the rocks with livies all morning sunday with no luck. got one bottom bashing with a pilly cube instead. too small to keep but a pleasant surprise nonetheless. must be the flavour of the month.