Iron Cove Kingie

riceball

Hi, fellow raiders:

I am posting this report on behalf of my neighbor. I was so surprised when he told me the story!!

He fished Iron Cove on Tuesday, 12th June for his usual bream and flathead. And within half an hour of fishing, he scored this healthy kingfish went 64cm on a tiny piece of bread on a size 1 bream hook and 8lb line!!!!! It took him 20minuts to land this king from the shore!!! He didn’t know what fish was it as he never caught any kings or even targeted them! What a surprising catch, a winter kingie from Iron Cove! I still couldn’t quite believe it. But it proved once again, nothing is impossible in fishing!

here is the pic: a happy old bloke with his first king

post-1028-1181778448_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Louis

Wow,

Everybody seems to be catching kings. So far this year FR members have caught them on bread, peeled prawns, jigs, yakkas, squid, and lures.

I think the next time I target kingies I will have to try and catch them on a downrigged squid stuffed with a yakka that has been caught on a prawn after I burleyed it up with some bread :1prop::biggrin2:

Evets :thumbup:

what an excellent report! I love how these beautiful fish goes up river to bays like Iron cove. It just makes your day because fishing landbase from a really quiet bay with a big fish at the end of your line just pumps you with full of adrenaline even more than on the usual rocky boat.

Nice catch mate ...

Kings on bread is not as un common as most may think ... Kingfish often confuse bread for little white baits particularly if you had been retrieving the bread back to shore or as it may have been sinking to the bottom they often see it as an injured whitebait...

on the dvd Local Knowledge Alex Bellisimo and no no no fish for Black fish on bread and they land all sorts of things Bream , Drummer ...

So good catch mate i think tackle shops will go broe if you keep that up hahaha