Nepean River Is Flowing

Bucket

Hello people..

After all the rain I made my way down to the river to see if the weed was was getting swept away. First I headed to Tench Reserve boat ramp.

I saw this :-

post-1129-1182081240_thumb.jpg

And closer up. :wacko:

post-1129-1182081262_thumb.jpg

Anyone who has fished the river will understand the huge amount of water that is there. For everyone else i'm trying to search my pictures to find a normal water level picture. Just to give you an idea the pontoon on the left has two levels. This may help

After seeing that, I jumped into the car and headed straight for the weir.

WHAT WEIR !!!! :1yikes:

post-1129-1182082256_thumb.jpg

The first depression on the smooth water is where the weir is ...

From the looks of the river all the surface weed has been cleaned out but I imagine the weed that is rooted will slowly die from the reduced sunlight and lack of settled nutrience. FINGERS CROSSED.

I have more pictures if your interested.

Stephen.

Post Em Up Stephen , those are pics to remember!!

I havent seen that much water in the Nepean in a long , long time !!

Ross

Here are some more....

post-1129-1182089817_thumb.jpg

The river has broken the banks in most places.

post-1129-1182089773_thumb.jpg

This was the jetty to get onto the Nepean Belle

post-1129-1182090012_thumb.jpg

The brand new river walk near the weir just had a bath.

post-1129-1182090027_thumb.jpg

Here's a photo of what the weir normally looks like.

post-4283-1182149724_thumb.jpg

And i'm another one of the happy many to see the loo getting flushed. Also good for fish distribution but does any body know how or if it will affect the newly spawned bass further down stream. Has any body been out to Yarramundie cause some wallys had been in there and done a big clean up and made a big pile of dead trees ON THE UP RIVER SIDE of the bridge.

Lata Raida.

Waynie

Edited by kiwi waynie

The best news is that with the Nepean Dam actually overflowing, any run off goes straight into Warragamba Dam! Win Win situation! At least the run off is not just going down the drain, like all the normal rain run off!

Cheers

Roberta

The best news is that with the Nepean Dam actually overflowing, any run off goes straight into Warragamba Dam! Win Win situation! At least the run off is not just going down the drain, like all the normal rain run off!

Cheers

Roberta

Hi Roberta,

Unfortunatly Nepean does not flow in to the dam i think sombody made this very uneducated quote on the news and led a lot of pepole astray.

Lata Raida

Waynie

great to see let it flood and clean out the system and bring on the next bass season i reccon theres gonna be some stonkers in the river with all the fish that have been trapped in pools full of weed not connected to the main river because of the water lever that have now been released with all the water BRING ON THE BASS

CHEERS MICK

The new Bridge at Menangle was under water which I think may be the first time ever.

A mate who has lived in Menangle all his life said he saw the old wooden bridge go under but that was the first time he ever saw the new concrete bridge (which is much higher) go under water!!

The Bass fishing will be sensational this season and the fresh will give the big girls a go at spawning :yahoo:

When are we going???? :tease: