Hmmmm 12lb And Kingys Dont Mix!

Piss'n'Broke

Hey

Went out this morning with Greg in search of a late june kingy in mid harb! Didnt expect too much with the water being so cold, so we had all our rods out!!!

Wouldnt you know it,,,, its my darn 12LB flat/rat combo that took the brunt of todays kingy effort!!!!Four hookups,, of which I got dusted by 2 in a matter of seconds, :1badmood: , pulled the hooks on another(wasnt gonna get done AGAIN),, and lastly the most cruel of all was having the fourth kingy spit my squid back at me 12ft under the boat,,, ah BUGGA!!!!

Greg also dropped one!

So tally

KINGYS 5-Zip!

Us- or ME I should say,,,,, SLAUGHTERED!

Was all good fun though,,,

Hey Jase hope you liked the 3 sec singing of my drag over the phone this morning before ,,,, PING!

The lesson learnt here for me was dont use light line amongest structure,,,,, moorings, etc!

DAN

D&G

Don't you hate it when that happens??

It happened to me a few times when fishing for bream with live worms - didn't get a bream, but got busted off 3 times by jewies in the one session!! Only using 10lb line, so no contest, altho I did get a soapie in!

Also, fishing for tailor off the rocks once, I saw a bunch of tuna come thru - tossed a pillie out to them & hooked up .... all over in 2 secs flat - had forgotten that I had the drag done up, to haul the tailor up the cliff ..... the rod bent almost in double, then, TWANG, busted off. Nearly had the rod pulled out of my grip, tho! Wouldn't have been able to land it anyhow!

Plan for a monster & you get a tiddler, plan for a tiddler & get a monster! I am sure they are looking ......

Cheers

Roberta

Bad LUck!

Hey Dave

Your not wrong Great fun!!!!!!!!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :yahoo:

An update as well all Greg just got in from fishing today with another Raider, they got another 3 legal kingys 63-70cm,,,,,, Only one was kept for a feed!!!

Pity to hear you didnt get any yesterday Kiwi Dan as the bite was hot for a hour or so till the tide bottomed out.

DAN

D&G

Hi Dan,

Great stuff. I fished this morning, had to tie off to a yatcht to hold position. Few cuttles, no squid. No decent hits, got a few trevally on light gear, all released to fight another day.

Nice to be on the water.

See you on the water,

Southerly

Edited by southerly

Pity to hear you didnt get any yesterday Kiwi Dan as the bite was hot for a hour or so till the tide bottomed out.

yeah i think i made a bad decision in choosing my times. I headed straight to Manly when the tide was high to try for squid and tried a few other places in the harbor but didnt come back to MH until the wind got up.

By that time the anchor wouldnt even hold so had to borrow a nearby mooring.

Did manage to find a school of sharks though which we played with for a while landing 3 or 4, they were a lot of fun!!

Ceph,

I was all out of my 4 times refrozen pillies so i have started a new batch after the weekends efforts!! :074::074:

cheers

dan

Ceph

We used both fresh squid caught that night and pillies! and some other odds and ends :tease:

It was the pillies that got smashed the quickest over the squid., Had a few yakkas down as well as these were almost on par with pillies when comparing strike rates

D&G

Ceph

We used both fresh squid caught that night and pillies! and some other odds and ends :tease:

It was the pillies that got smashed the quickest over the squid., Had a few yakkas down as well as these were almost on par with pillies when comparing strike rates

D&G

Very interesting.... I am definetly trying pillies this weekend. Were they definitely Kingy hits??

Sorry champ.. I forgot who I was speaking too.. :biggrin2:

So who will be the first to land a July Harbour King?

Ceph, Kings are in the harbour all year round mate...just not in any great numbers and they are much more lethargic..(did i spell that right).......we pulled up a few a couple of weeks ago and one went 88cm..but it didnt fight at all....fought like a undersized rat...

This time of year you will find they dont put up much of a fight and are much more picky in the baits they take...

I know Kelvin normally nails some massive ones this time of year in amongst the MH wrecks and holes..

Its officially too cold for me now for harbour fishing.....went for a squidding sess on Sunday and frozeeeeeeeeeee my a.ss off......will only target YFT for the next few months.....plenty of squid around though we got 3 in less then 15 minutes in the middle of the day...

Pittwater also holds some good size kings in winter....

COUGH

Ceph the July club has already started!!!

Cmon mate! I wanna see you get sum yourself soon.... When are you heading out next with some "clients" ceph?

All the best

D&G

PS At last count Greg has nailed over half a dozen July kingys to date mate!

Edited by Dan and Greg

COUGH

Ceph the July club has already started!!!

Cmon mate! I wanna see you get sum yourself soon.... When are you heading out next with some "clients" ceph?

All the best

D&G

PS At last count Greg has nailed over half a dozen July kingys to date mate!

Sorry lads.. I have been a bit slack... Looks like we are squiddin, yakerin, pilliiing and Kingying all year round...

I am hoping for a jewie by-catch one of these days. :thumbup: