Stimulate Ultrabite.

muscle_17

Hi,

anyone used any of the stimulate ultrabite products?

i tryed using the bait maker one...where you mix the oil and powder together, to make some bait like plastacine..put it on my hook and didnt get anything for 4 hrs other then a bottle and a plastic bag......( but the fish werent even biting anyway, so wasnt a really good testing situation)

let me know if you guys have had luck with it...

thanks

I am yet to be convinced on the Ultrabite stuff and your post wont have me running out to buy a pack! I've used the liquid stuff on lures and in berley mixes with no discernible success (i.e I always do sh*te!!)

Have you seen the latest in Fishing World (I think, or Modern Fishing...one of those)? with the cost of the mag you get a DVD with some great footage of some top fishing and a segment on the Ultra bite stuff, might be worth looking at. I use the ultra bite sometimes, mixed it into some bread burley yesterday and had the mullet and bream going off, but I think they gotta be there anyhow. Would be interested to see how it works compared to other scents, it might be like lures, to catch more fishermen than fish! :ranting2:

Have you seen the latest in Fishing World (I think, or Modern Fishing...one of those)?  with the cost of the mag you get a DVD with some great footage of some top fishing and a segment on the Ultra bite stuff, might be worth looking at. I use the ultra bite sometimes, mixed it into some bread burley yesterday and had the mullet and bream going off, but I think they gotta be there anyhow.  Would be interested to see how it works compared to other scents, it might be like lures, to catch more fishermen than fish! :ranting2:

21402[/snapback]

yeah, i got the idea of ultrabite from the fishing world DVD.

i guess it works, just that yesterday where i fished had no fish :P

Have you seen the latest in Fishing World (I think, or Modern Fishing...one of those)?  with the cost of the mag you get a DVD with some great footage of some top fishing and a segment on the Ultra bite stuff, might be worth looking at. I use the ultra bite sometimes, mixed it into some bread burley yesterday and had the mullet and bream going off, but I think they gotta be there anyhow.  Would be interested to see how it works compared to other scents, it might be like lures, to catch more fishermen than fish! :ranting2:

21402[/snapback]

21428[/snapback]

Hi Guys got the DVD myself, and found it quiet introsting that the mix could bring the fish on so much.

But i think that we should wait and see before we pass any judgement.

To early to say i think :1fishing1: .

I bought the mag that came with a DVD. Just out of curiousity, I then went and bought a pack of Ultrabite mix, and about 300grs of Hawkesberry river prawns.

went out to test both seperately in different rods. The one with Ultrabite did not get a touch on the entire trip. The other one kept me constantly busy during the high tide turned.

Overall, I think nothing would beat fresh bait. These chemical stuff is designed to catch fishmen then fish, in my opinion.

Too early to tell but i bought some of the ultrabite liquid and the instant bait to try and tempt some of the local trout. put the liquid on some small rapala hardbodies and found no noticable difference and while casting lures i had another rod in the water with the instant bait on it and it didnt get a touch in the two hours i was there. :1badmood:

Too early to tell but i bought some of the ultrabite liquid and the instant bait to try and tempt some of the local trout. put the liquid on some small rapala hardbodies and found no noticable difference and while casting lures i had another rod in the water with the instant bait on it and it didnt get a touch in the two hours i was there. :1badmood:

22684[/snapback]

trout boy

the liquid is for use on baits. such as prawns, pilchards etc.

but for lure, there is a spray that ultrabite sells, its designed for lures.

but i doubt ultrabite is as good as they make it sound on the DVD.

• 1 year later...

I tried the stimulate bait yesterday for the first time ( the one you mix together).

Me and the :wife: were fishing the entrance to Patonga creek at almost full tide. She was using prawns, me trying ultrabite. She got a couple of hits while I kept getting smashed.

I pulled in a medium size flatty. who snapped the line on the sand and escaped and then got a massive hit and a big run before my line again snapped.

The mrs then swapped over to the ultrabite and landed a just legal bream( who was returned) before I landed another similar sized bream.

we kept getting some decent hits but couldn't land anything else for the next 20 mins or so before deciding to calll it quits.

we will both be using this product again

have mixed views on ultrabite as have cauhgt a thumper of a bream in st georges basin down the south coast that went over 40cm and no other baits were touched and on other occasions havent had a touch on ultra bait. Have caught a couple of snapper off jervis bay with ultra bait but in my view nothing beats fresh bait. Fished a reef off jervis bay on sunday and had fresh prawns that a mate had picked up from sydney fish markets and frozen for the trip down south and we caught snapper to 2 kilo, some nice pig fish and some great mowies. Fresh bait anyday!!!!

Ultra bait is good to use when you have a rod always packed in the car and feell like a fish at the spur of the moment and you cant get your hands on any bait nearby, you can just mix it up and you have some instant bait. It does work but not anywhere near as good as fresh bait.

Sounds to me with all the mixed views that it is as inconsistant/consistant as any other bait. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. Tell me thats any different to any other bait.

Because you can store it, its probably not a bad addition to the 'bag of tricks' when things are tough. You can never have too many options.

Of course you can always shape it into a shad design and pretend its a Gulp ! :1prop:

Hi,

anyone used any of the stimulate ultrabite products?

i tryed using the bait maker one...where you mix the oil and powder together, to make some bait like plastacine..put it on my hook and didnt get anything for 4 hrs other then a bottle and a plastic bag......( but the fish werent even biting anyway, so wasnt a really good testing situation)

let me know if you guys have had luck with it...

thanks

How much did the bottle weigh??????

Any Pics?

Mick

Yeah, I agree fresh is better. We compared it to prawns up at Port Stephens, and we definitelt got more on the prawn. These were the cheapass prawns too!

IMO, you will get as many bream on bread as you will on ultrabite instant bait, and you won't have to pay 10 bucks a pack either! If you want to add some scent, just dip the moulded bread on the hook in some tuna oil.

I too tried it out after watching the video so obviously the marketing dept got some bites.

I had one rod with instant bait and the other with squid, 3 hrs fishing and neither got a touch so the jury is still out with me.

I reckon I'll keep a bag of the stuff lying about for next time their on the bite and then try the comparison.

As for the ultrabite liquid I just bought a bottle but haven't had the chance to try it out yet.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest danielinbyron

yeah i saw that video they caught a few embarassingly small squire and carried on about it...i don't believe in the stuff or much else that guy has to sell after i looked a little closer at his akuma reel promo that ran like this..

reel screaming slo mo shot of him pulling up hard on a fish with his little okuma reel...

shot of gt flying out the water.. shot of him grunting and boring it up this fish... shot of fish running thrashing... shot of him swseating and really working that fish//okuma reel ... repeat.... nice fish.. shot of fish being landed on boat....heres the rub and it only lasts a second... take a look at the reel and rod when the fish is being landed..... not the bloody same mate...

it lead me to believe he was part of the school of thought that prices frozen crap prawns in a bait shop above fresh ones at the market around the corner..i would love to see some scientific evidence...

i always drop aniseed escence on my softs to get the factory plastic smell off and it seems to work..though its hard to tell

I have found that a squirt of the spray on stuff will often turn shy squid into takers

Sometimes when you can see the squid in the shallows, and they approach the jig and then flare and back off, if you give the jig a spray and then drop it back to them they seem to be more positive in attacking the jig