Flourocarbon Leaders

David C

Ive tried many brands & I stick with Yamatoyo these days in 4 & 6 pound. It has great knot strength & abrasion resistance.

It is a little more expensive than some but when you have a $15 to $20 lure swinging off the end of it ................ your choice :biggrin2:

I use 6lb Nitlon and 10lb Vanish and would like to get more in 8lb,12lb and higher. Nitlon costs me $20(cheapest I've seen so far) a spool so if anyone knows where I can get it even cheaper, let me know!

Ken, would u mind if I asked how much Yamatoyo costs?

Cheers

Matt

Edited by Matrix

I use 4-6lb Vanish (my local doesn't sell Nitlon), but after spending a lot of time on the water with Wacko who fishes with both Siglon and Nitlon it has become very obvious that the strength and visability of nitlon is better than both Siglon and Vanish.

there is a few Breamers that swear by it

Hi Guys

If you have a look at my post on Bass fishing at Glenbawn all the fish were caught useing VANISH & 4lb Fireline all tied with double uni-knot and a uni-knot to the spinnerbait.The drags were wound up that tight the the fireline would almost cut your skin when trying to pull line off the reel.We did get busted up a couple of times but i think fencing wire would have busted on some of the big fish.With any type of fishing the most important part is the way the knots are tyed.

Just my opinion.

donfish

PS if ya have any Vanish ya dont want i will take it off your hands.

Hi guys,

I use Siglon in 4lb , 6lb and higher depending on what I'm doing. It's yet to let me down but I don't do anywhere near as much fishing as some of you guys (or I'd like for that matter).

I might try finding Nitlon after reading this, only for pricing reasons :1clap:

Cheers,

Nitlon can only be obtained by tackles stores that are part of the Tackle World group as with owner hooks. Stores have to make an application to the tackle world group and can be rejected if anyone already in the group objects to the tackle store supplying these products. So far ABA have had their application rejected on a few occasions. Nitlon is the best quality for the best price but unfortunately can only be obtained at certain shops so I use the Moimoi brand in 5lb which I have found to have outstanding knot strength and abrasive restistance. Just costs an arm and a leg :ranting2:

Vanish gets a hammering around the traps for it's knot strength, more so than any other brand by a long shot!!!!!! makes you wonder??? I have had a few break testing them after tying, on 15 lb test. My knots never break! I have since lost the spool, might try somthing else. Vanish has a good reputation for it's invisability, thats why I bought it. How do the other brands stack up in this regard?

Howard

Edited by bluefin

Fish don't seem to find Yamatoyo visible. I don't get any less hits than anyone else.

I have tried Vanish at 3 different times over the last couple years & every time the knot strength has been very poor even after using several different joining knots. I know some people don't have problems with Vanish & good luck to them. If it works for you use it. My Vanish all went in the garbage bin.

Other brands I have used & found pretty good are Siglon, Rio's & Cabellas Seaguar. I have not tried Nitlon yet . I use Yamatoyo exclusively now.

I use Vanish, but I buy it in the spools as its got less fluro carbon in it and it is stronger. Ken thats maybe why some guys don't have issues with it? Just a thought and at a guess i would say that is it.

I have found that tying knots to vasnish with braid is what weakens vanish and there are specific ways to ensure that the vanish leader is not damaged when doing joining knots.

Cheers

Lee

I use Nitlon 90% of the time, but have also used Yamatoyo around the racks and heavy structure. They're both very high quality Fluorocarbon's and knot superbly.

I never had the problems with Vanish others seemed to have had, but comparing Vanish to either Nitlon or Yamatoyo, the differences in quality and 'knot-ability' are obvious.. It's like comparing a Holden to a Merc.

If, like Don, you're happy with Vanish then stick to it, but if you have any doubts at all, or you're just feeling adventurous, check the Nitlon and Yamatoyo range.

Pukk' :thumbup:

It's like comparing a Holden to a Merc.

That's gonna get you into trouble Joe... there's certain people here who would put the Merc second on that list. :1prop:

21932[/snapback]

And I'm one of them. I would put the merc second on the list of of cars I would not buy and of course holden's first on that list :risata: .Here it comes :hitsfan::hitsfan: