Workshop No 3 Ross Hunter

Workshop Number 3 - a huge success

Raiders came from everywhere to be entertained by Ross. There were over 70 raiders and their guests who attended.

Ross gave a very informative talk on techniques and tackle associated with catching Yellowfin Tuna and Marlin. Members asked many questions which were duly answered by Ross in a most expert fashion.

After the break we met Adrian and Anna who are from SeaTow. As site sponsors they offered fishraider members a fantastic deal - 15 months subscription for the price of 12 months.

Louise from Kingsgrove RSL Fishing Club told fishraider members about their club activities and extended an invitation to raiders to join up.

Ross played his guitar and sang some of his fishing songs - we will never see a pilchard in the same way again ! Judy Hunter and Lucinda (miss_swordfisherman) made great backup dancers during Shark Fishin.

The evening concluded with a screening of Ross on a 95kg YFT - an amazing catch.

Sponsors Tony Fishfinder Bait and Tackle and Sean and Claudia Watson of Wattos were in attendance and applause for all our wonderful sponsors was forthcoming.

A big thank you to all the members for joining us for this workshop. It was great to see so many new faces and old members, especially the women and a few people who will be joining our website.

Lastly, to you Ross Hunter a huge thank you for giving your time and expertise to fishraider members. From the evaluations everyone present went away full of useful fishing info and thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

post-256-1183649578_thumb.jpg

post-256-1183649588_thumb.jpg

post-256-1183649599_thumb.jpg

post-256-1183649610_thumb.jpg

post-256-1183649619_thumb.jpg

post-256-1183649630_thumb.jpg

post-256-1183650568_thumb.jpg

post-256-1183650583_thumb.jpg

post-256-1183650593_thumb.jpg

post-256-1183650603_thumb.jpg

post-256-1183650614_thumb.jpg

post-256-1183650625_thumb.jpg

post-256-1183650635_thumb.jpg

post-256-1183650646_thumb.jpg

post-256-1183650655_thumb.jpg

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

BIG THANKS TO ROSS,THAT WAS A GREAT EVENING AT KINGSGROVE RSL VERY INFORMATIVE AND

REALLY ENTERTAINING.YOU LEARN MORE FROM COMING ALONG AND LISTENING TO A LEGEND LIKE

ROSS HUNTER TALKING ABOUT THE FINE ART OF MARLIN,YELLOWFIN TUNA & SNAPPER FISHING,

THAN YOU EVER WILL READING BOOKS OR WATCHING VIDEOS.BY THE WAY ROSS,WATCHING

YOUR AWESOME DVD ON THAT 95KG YELLOWFIN TUNA YOU CAUGHT BACK IN YOUR YOUNGER

DAYS,IT HAD MY BACK HURTING JUST WATCHING YOU.EVEN MY GUEST WHO CAME ALONG

AND DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO

EXPECT OR BELIEVE ME THAT ROSS CAN SING,ENJOYED IT & WALKED AWAY

VERY IMPRESSED.THANKS TO SWORDFISHERMAN & MRSSWORDFISHERMAN

ALSO FOR YOUR WARM WELCOME.TOP NIGHT,GLAD I WAS THERE!

THANKS AGAIN;STEVE :thumbup:

Edited by nexus

Good night guys...well done on organising and thanks to Ross for all the info...awesome video aswell....hard to belive you could get fish lik that at the peak.......I was born 20 years too late.....

Thanks again

Great night and thanks to Mr and Mrs Swordfisherman.

Pity I had to leave before I had the chance to meet some people, see the DVD and grab a Fishraider Hat. Of all nights my brother chooses that night to go to hospital :ranting2:

I'll be there for the next one

IFS

Certainly a good night.

Couldn't help but feel that Ross had so much more to share, and I'm not talking about his singing. We finished up at about 10.30.

I could listen to his fishing stories for hours. I especially liked the dump truck driver's attitude about his record marlin. :biggrin2:

Thanks Ross

Cheers

Mitch

Guest MRS WATTO

It was a great nite, had a great time.

Thanks Donna and Stewy for organising the workshop

Thanks Ross, well done, and love your cd. Watto has been playing it all day. I love shark fishing, its great, I have been singing to that song all day.

Guest Reely

Thank you for all involved it was as others have said a top evening and extremely informative, it was great to meet some new people and put faces to names that i have wanted to for so long!

Thanks Stewy and Donna

K.

What a great night :thumbup:

Ross left some interesting ideas about bait, bait

presentation and rigging to play with :biggrin2:

and was quiet happy to advise some spots to try

I'm waiting for Tales from the Broadbill Part 2

as I think Ross only scratched the surface last

night

Thanks Swordies for organising another successful event

Chris & :wife:

It was great to see so many of you brave the cold conditions to come and join us for Ross' presentation. This will go down in FR history as one of the most entertaining and informative evenings we have ever had !!

Thanks Ross for sharing your wealth of knowledge with us , I definately learnt quite a lot , as Im sure everyone else did.

Bring on Pt II I say !!

Ross

thanks for organising such a lovely event..

I must admit Ross you're a great entertainer, i hope you're the same on the boat!

mate i will be contacting you soon to organise a few days out next summer.

Tony

Great nite , very informative, thanks Ross your experience on our beutiful waters were a pleasure to hear, the rigs u sent around were a reel eye opener,the songs u sang were insperational. Cheers to all who attended. See u out there soon as usual Ross . Dave. ITS NOW TUNA TIME Bring em on.

Good night guys...well done on organising and thanks to Ross for all the info...awesome video aswell....hard to belive you could get fish lik that at the peak.......I was born 20 years too late.....

Thanks again

Yeah what a top night learned so much, Netic you missed the good old days you used to get them

from The Point on Palm beach could never land them only the baby ones

thanks ross for giving us a lot of advice throughout the night,was also good to meet up some good mates of mine and meet new people.

learnt a few things from the night and to find out where we went wrong in regards to hooking up to marlins.

top video of the yft also.absolute beast

Raiders,

Thanks for all your nice comments and I can assure you that Judy I enjoyed the night as well It was great to meet you all and put some names to faces.

This is a great site and I am proud to be a sponsor /member, so it was a special thrill to do the workshop. To me Mother Ocean is everyone's and I have had to learn my trade the hard way by experience. No sounders, no GPS and so on in those early days, so I feel that if we have learnt a little along the way it is a privilege to be able to pass those experiences on.

Thank you all for listening for a lengthy 3 hour talk It was fun and we'll do it again in the future with a different format.