Disaster

achjimmy

Hi Guys.

Second time out in our new boat. Took the Father in Law and Brothers for a spin into JB. Had a great trip, on return i gave the FiL the helm to bring in. Whilst leaving the jetty he opened it up and misjudged the cruiser in front of us or more correctly the 1" thick marlin board attached to the 3.5 tonne cruiser. See below my once neat pride and joy of only two months! :(

post-4477-1184051231_thumb.jpg

post-4477-1184051312_thumb.jpg

Edited by achjimmy

:(:1badmood::wacko::mad3::ranting2::huh::o

Bugger!! I can imagine a few words were spoken :08: How about "SLOW DOWN!!"

Bad luck, Achjimmy! Hopefully you will be able to get it panel beaten & patched back to 'new'! GOod Luck!

Cheerio

ROberta

On my second look, it looks like a fair sized hole! Shame

Edited by Roberta

.....The poor bastard when we got back he broke down when my missues turmed up and went into shock! We had to get the Ambos. I never seen anybody take it so hard....

Jim - you are a legend to be taking it so well & still able to show concern for your FIL. At least there were no physical injuries - a bonus, I reckon.

Did you have full insurance on it?

Cheerio

Roberta

:(:1badmood::wacko::mad3::ranting2::huh::o

Bugger!! I can imagine a few words were spoken :08: How about "SLOW DOWN!!"

Bad luck, Achjimmy! Hopefully you will be able to get it panel beaten & patched back to 'new'! GOod Luck!

Cheerio

ROberta

On my second look, it looks like a fair sized hole! Shame

Thanks Roberta, there wasnt time to say anything. I just took over and made sure everybody was ok and we could get back to the ramp. There is nothing gained in chucking a hairy fit.

OUCH!

oh well weld her up, and now theres no worries about a little scratch here and there you can get out and use her as a real boat!

i know the feeling as the look on my mates face when he knocked on my door to return my old boat said it all! much cheaper boat, much more damage got it repaired no problems!

tho have not seen my mate since!

O M G I know how you feel.

I'm spewin' and it's not even my boat.

As my now semi relaxed husband would say 'it's only a hunk of metal'.

I use to get filthy looks from him if a sinker bounced off the side of our boat until HE landed it on a rock bed (4 times in a row).

It's a shame, but like the above comments no one was injured that is the most important thing.

ewwww chills up my spine just thinking about it :05:

The poor bastard when we got back he broke down when my missues turmed up and went into shock! We had to get the Ambos. I never seen anybody take it so hard.

You never can tell what will stress some one out to their limit :(

I hope he pulls up well :)

Cheers.

Robbie

Mate, that would really suck.

BUT i have a story to go with the damage..........

Say you hooked a 500lb bluemarlin whilst live baiting for flatties at spot X, you got him to the boat, he shook his head did his damage then the trace failed...................ohhh bugger the one that got away.

cheers james

Guys

Thanks for all your kind thoughts. The old bloke has pulled up all right and keeps wanting to know whats happening and to make amends. I will try and get around it somehow, cant see me accepting money of a retired family member living on a fixed income?

I dont know whats going to happen yet, i have to get a quote and submit it. I dont have a problem with a repair as long as it is done in such away as to not devalue the boat, otherwise i would rather move on. if they write it off, do they pay out the lot or just the Hull? and do your get to keep the Hull? If anybody knows a repairer in Western Sydney who could provide a quote I would appreciate the name. As usual Huey has offered assistance and a name but he is in Woy woy, is Huey a solid guy or what?

Anyway Thanks again all, either way this is just a small setback we all have and I will be getting amongst fish asap.

FYI below is a few photos of the kids having a ball catching bugger all in the beutiful Sussex inlet.

post-4477-1184226687_thumb.jpg

post-4477-1184226713_thumb.jpg

post-4477-1184226870_thumb.jpg

Hi Jim

GOod luck with the repairs, I am sure that any reputable repairer will be able to get it back as 'good as new'

- if your FIL wants to contribute towards some of the excess on the insurance, don't knock him back - he has his pride, too! Nothing worse than being beholden to your out-laws!!! Don't be too scared of taking your repairs (at least for a quote) up to Woy Woy - it is the quality of the repair you are after ..... it is not that far away, really. No point only going local, when you want the best! I bet Huey has some good contacts.

Cheerio

Roberta

My nephew drove my brand new surf rod into a bunch of trees & made a 2 piece into a 4 piece! He was not in a situation to be able to make recompense. I know how you feel!!! I ended up effecting the repair ..... haven't used it much since!!

Hi Jim

GOod luck with the repairs, I am sure that any reputable repairer will be able to get it back as 'good as new'

- if your FIL wants to contribute towards some of the excess on the insurance, don't knock him back - he has his pride, too! Nothing worse than being beholden to your out-laws!!! Don't be too scared of taking your repairs (at least for a quote) up to Woy Woy - it is the quality of the repair you are after ..... it is not that far away, really. No point only going local, when you want the best! I bet Huey has some good contacts.

Cheerio

Roberta

My nephew drove my brand new surf rod into a bunch of trees & made a 2 piece into a 4 piece! He was not in a situation to be able to make recompense. I know how you feel!!! I ended up effecting the repair ..... haven't used it much since!!

Thanks Roberta

Funny thing you mention the rod damage. On the day before when we were in St Georges basin my eldest lost his rod overboard and that upset me more as it was a rod i gave him on his day of birth 11 yrs ago.

if they write it off, do they pay out the lot or just the Hull? and do your get to keep the Hull? If anybody knows a repairer in Western Sydney who could provide a quote I would appreciate the name.

If they write anything off they still sell it. So say your hull is writen off.... they will give you the money for the agreed price on the hull, then take the written off hull and sell it to a wrecker to get some money back. I believe most insurers will give you the option of buying the hull back at the quoted price by the wrecker...

Goodluck...........

Hi All

Thanks again all for your kind words. It really helped. Fortunately the FIL is OK as well and has jetted off for 2 weeks in Cairns.

The insurance company has written her off (hull only) and allowed me to purchase it back. Given work commitments and other time constraints I have decided to sell her as is rather than fix it and move on to another vessel. It should be a good buy for someone who wants to spend some time fixing her up. They could spend as little as a few hours or a few weeks depends how they want it to look. I will be making up an ad and throwing it on ebay if a friend doesn’t grab it 1st.

Cheers again and thanks