Busted Of By 2 Beauties - One Was A Whopper

arpie

Hi guys

Went down for a 'last gasp' before heading off to SYdney tomorrow for the weekend. THings have been a bit slow up here, but the fish you get are usually good! After 1/2hr or so, I got a down, so struck & came up on a snag. SO, yanked it solidly, to get it off the snag & it yanked back 3 times!!! A fish had jumped onto the other hook! (I always fish 2 hooks!) THen it took me under a rock & busted me off! :1badmood:

THis was the first replacement of both hooks for the day ..... and wasn't to be the last!

(Refer: http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.ph...p;#entry184500)

After yesterday, when about 10 were fishing around my spot, today, I had the whole wall to myself! THat should have told me something! However, being the optimistic person that I am (as are all fishos, really - just look at those blokes out in the freezing cold, after hairtail!) I soldiered on.

Lots of casts, lots of snags & hook replacements & then I toss yet another bait in & turn to check where my burley is. My rod is nearly wrenched from my hands! I didn't even see the float go down, as it had only just hit the water! The huge tail thumps has me thinking ...... DRUMMER! My buddy had caught/hooked & been busted off by heaps in the last few days ..... and it was all over in 2 seconds - took me under 'my rock' & busted me off! Bummer! I have only ever landed one drummer from the breakwall so far! I shall be trying again ...... very trying!

That's it for this week, folks! Hopefully I be back online next week with tales of tall fish from SYdney area!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Thought I saw you heading to the wall ( Forster Side ) just on the tide turn. On a mission it seemed. White bongo style ute ?

I was pulling my boat in at the ramp after a flick for a bit before work.

Sneddo

G'day Roberta

Busted off twice around the leases just before the Step, then the tailor did me for two more Chubby's....Seems to be a few good Tailor around the Step.

Called it quits so I could get back to Firefly for work.

Expensive morning.

Haven't had too much spare time of late. Planning a day on the lake this weekend.

Sneddo