Blue Fin Tuna - New Hampshire, Usa

sneddo

G'day All,

Mate of mine from New Hampshire in the US sent me this photo of a Giant Bluefin taken recently in the waters off Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

Mates Quotes from his email below

"We were trolling with spreader bars and a Penn 70 went off, lost 400 yards before we knew what was going on. Stand up fight lasted 12 minutes, got it up to the boat, tail-roped; brought it onto the deck with a block and tackle. Fish dressed at 290 lbs (no guts, head, or tail) and would've been about 425 lbs prior to dressing "

" As far as the size of the fish up this way; giant bluefin get up over 1000 lbs but today they are quite rare in that size range, anything in the 600-700 lb range is considered quite large, fish over about 400 are considered to be good sized fish, but they come in all sizes. The last few seasons we've been catching quite a few in the 50-150 lb range, sometimes 10 per trip... this season there have been many fish in the 150-200 lb size range caught "

Sneddo on behalf of a US based mate.

post-3647-1185266406_thumb.jpg

I'll back our boys and their 105kg model landed out of a trailer boat on 24kg and a broken gaff any day of the week.

12 minute fight on 60kg gear, tail roped and then hauled aboard with a bock and tackle? Might as well have just towed it back to shore.

Aussie Aussie Aussie!!

(Sorry - sudden burst of patriotism).

Massive fish! Imagine snorkeling along and running into that thing my pants would be doing some cubing of their own...Awesome catch!

Cheers,

Joe

Hey choco,

You really are coming up with some funny calls. :074:

That is a biiiiiiiiiig fish.

I'll back our boys and their 105kg model landed out of a trailer boat on 24kg and a broken gaff any day of the week.

12 minute fight on 60kg gear, tail roped and then hauled aboard with a bock and tackle? Might as well have just towed it back to shore.

Aussie Aussie Aussie!!

(Sorry - sudden burst of patriotism).

have you a photo