More Squid

tricks

hey fellas

havnt put a post up for awhile (been lazy) so here goes. went for a quick squid sesh tonight in port hacking. arrived about 830pm only one bloke there and the water was flat and the weather nice. before i can tie my jig on this other bloke pulls in a nice sized squid. sign of good things to come. third cast out i pull in one. not a bad start. some time went past then i see a nice sized squid in the water we both have our jigs at it trying to hook up with no luck it would come up have a look then turn around. half hour of trying different coloured jigs then finally he takes my small pink jig. here is the next part of the story as he was only hooked by one tenticle and only having light line the other bloke (didnt catch his name) asked if i had a net. me being a dumbass left it in my car :1prop: he kindly offered to run to my car and get it for me. absolute top guy. not only did i pick up some squid but met a great bloke, had a laugh and thats what i love about the sport there is some great people involed :thumbup:

post-3161-1185548229_thumb.jpg

post-3161-1185548229_thumb.jpg

cheers guys

post-3161-1185548287_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrs rzep

bundeena wharf

top spot that one might have to venture down that way, they went off the bite a month or so back we could see them but no jigs would work, maybe a squid prong with a yakka fillet would ave been the go.

top spot that one might have to venture down that way, they went off the bite a month or so back we could see them but no jigs would work, maybe a squid prong with a yakka fillet would ave been the go.

whenever i take my prongs they will only eat jigs and vice versa... nice squid there...

last week we could only get em to chase a 40 g raider lol

enjoy

Another good way is to flick around a powerbait minnow and get the Squid to attack that then let the bloke next to you catch them both and take them home while you rummage around for a Squid jig :mad3:

IFS

whenever i take my prongs they will only eat jigs and vice versa... nice squid there...

last week we could only get em to chase a 40 g raider lol

enjoy

I had the same thing a few months back!!! It was chasing a size 17 maniac!!!!! Untill i tied on a jig and brought him in that is!!! :tease:

He then turned into a little 65cm middle harbour king!!!!

Edited by fishlexic

nice work.

i wish i could catch squid!!

Keep at it mate. Icaught 2 on different trips and dropped both of them at the boat. Then one cold morning in June Iwent to Clifton and got 2 beauties. I was yellin as load as hell under my breath so as not to wake up Sydney, HA I thought I was gonna burst.

You will get there mate just keep castin.

Russ