Box Head

Ray R

Hi Raiders, Saturday at 1:00 pm my mate Hutcho and I went to Box Head to fisrtly get some yakka's, this part of the trip was a success, I got a couple of nice little bream as well. After acquiring a good supply of bait we moved a little bit out from the rocks and set a live yakka under a float , one on the bottom and big dead one with a couple of 10/0,s through it just off the bottom. Now with all those options you would think one of them would get nailed, well guess what, none of them did, then I decided to put a 15kg leader on my little stradic which has 2.7 kg braid coupled up with my new Berkly Pro Tactic 7', a set of 6/0 gangs and a dead pilchard, I let this set up just slowly sink out the back of the boat , and it got nailed by a big rubber mouthed Port Jackson Shark, well this thing took me all over the boat, Hutcho was playing musical chairs with the other rods, and he was laughing his head of while doing this, but anyway 20 mins after hook up I finally got this thing to the side of the boat and was able to reach over and grab his tail and then into the boat for a couple of pics. This proved a couple of things about the little gear , the stradic is a great reel and the rod worked a treat, also I tied good knots. Anyway after that we gave it away at about 7:00pm and motored on home. So it was still a fun arvo/evening out there with a bit of excitment , one day we'll get that big Jewie.. Regards Ray R

post-3371-1185661222_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1185661260_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1185661275_thumb.jpg

well done ray great catch on such light gear. . . yeah u'll get that jewie soon. . . how is

the rest of brisbane waters firing at the moment???

regards mark

Haven't been out much lately Mark, I think it has been a little quiet. Come on spring time... Cheers Ray R..