Sydney Heads

Brad Duffell

Gday raiders,

Well with reports of good weather and clam seas, myself mitch (fisho5) and andrew (smole82) decided to hit the reefs off sydney. Got to the boat ramp by about 5.30 and bloddy hell was it cold. 30 mins later and completely frozen we raced out of the heads with then seas looking slighly off-putting. After arriving at the first reef, the lines went down and no sooner than we hit the bottom did i pull up this wrasse :thumbup:post-1955-1185706186_thumb.jpg

As i lifted the unexpected catch from the water, Mitch gets smashed and his overhead starts screaming, the line peeling off at a phenominal rate. There was nothing at all he could do and the suspected king busts him off :1badmood: With the wind really starting to pick up and blowing us offshore, we decided it was best to head closer inshore. We anchored up on a reef off manly beach and in go the baits. First fish up was andrew with a wirrah cod not realising at the time they are disregarded as eating fish :wacko: Another one followed then mitchs dad pulls yet another one up this one quite large indeed post-1955-1185706207_thumb.jpg

Mitch and i pulled in a red rock cod each and andrew gets reefed by another suspected king :mad3: More bait goes in and mitch yells im on im on its a kingy for sure, and after a few solid runs what should come up but this rather large speices of port jackson shark :biggrin2:post-1955-1185706197_thumb.jpg

Shortly after this my reel screams and again suspected kings skull dragging my line straight to the bottom, there was nothing i could do to stop the run then pppiinnnggg :mad3:

Then andrews reel goes off again and we suspect more cod, but what should he pull up but the single weirdest catch of the day, a ling?!?!? :tease:post-1955-1185706115_thumb.jpg

We decided to have a quick drift between the heads throught the flattie ground and we got attacked again and again by small greedy flatties, with a keeper squire thrown in.

All in all a bloddy brilliant day with a very strange bag of fish great fun despite several busts great time had by all :thumbup:post-1955-1185706234_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Brad

Gday raiders,

Well with reports of good weather and clam seas, myself mitch (fisho5) and andrew (smole82) decided to hit the reefs off sydney. Got to the boat ramp by about 5.30 and bloddy hell was it cold. 30 mins later and completely frozen we raced out of the heads with then seas looking slighly off-putting. After arriving at the first reef, the lines went down and no sooner than we hit the bottom did i pull up this wrasse :thumbup:post-1955-1185706186_thumb.jpg

As i lifted the unexpected catch from the water, Mitch gets smashed and his overhead starts screaming, the line peeling off at a phenominal rate. There was nothing at all he could do and the suspected king busts him off :1badmood: With the wind really starting to pick up and blowing us offshore, we decided it was best to head closer inshore. We anchored up on a reef off manly beach and in go the baits. First fish up was andrew with a wirrah cod not realising at the time they are disregarded as eating fish :wacko: Another one followed then mitchs dad pulls yet another one up this one quite large indeed post-1955-1185706207_thumb.jpg

Mitch and i pulled in a red rock cod each and andrew gets reefed by another suspected king :mad3: More bait goes in and mitch yells im on im on its a kingy for sure, and after a few solid runs what should come up but this rather large speices of port jackson shark :biggrin2:post-1955-1185706197_thumb.jpg

Shortly after this my reel screams and again suspected kings skull dragging my line straight to the bottom, there was nothing i could do to stop the run then pppiinnnggg :mad3:

Then andrews reel goes off again and we suspect more cod, but what should he pull up but the single weirdest catch of the day, a ling?!?!? :tease:post-1955-1185706115_thumb.jpg

We decided to have a quick drift between the heads throught the flattie ground and we got attacked again and again by small greedy flatties, with a keeper squire thrown in.

All in all a bloddy brilliant day with a very strange bag of fish great fun despite several busts great time had by all :thumbup:post-1955-1185706234_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Brad

CAN YOU ACTUALLY EAT ,WHAT YOU HAVE THERE??????????????????

hahah yea mate you can eat all of those fish save the wirrahs, i have since found out that your more likely to enjoy an old boot that to eat one of those lol but that pj shark was a whopper aye we were cheering wen it came aboard as you canb tell bu the smiles on our faces

hahah yea mate you can eat all of those fish save the wirrahs, i have since found out that your more likely to enjoy an old boot that to eat one of those lol but that pj shark was a whopper aye we were cheering wen it came aboard as you canb tell bu the smiles on our faces

OK,cool.not into bottom bashing.