Georges River - 30/07/07 Bream & Trevaly Whoppers

majed1965

Hi All,

Had a wonderful day today on the Georges River with a couple of personal records broken.

I went out with my good work mate Christos and enjoyed a really good day out in the water.

Started off around 8:30am this morning with minimal bites until around 11am when we started to get some really good constant bites at SPOT X. We had 2 rods each in the water and were kept very busy.

I got this huge hit on a twenty dollar rod and reel with a 4kg line. I could barely reel it in. I yelled out to Christos that this was a huge fish and get the net. We started to see colour and boy did it look great. Hauled it in. A whopping 44cm beautiful silver bream which weighed approx. 2 kg. What a beauty and the biggest bream i ever caught. You should have seen the beaming smile on my face all day. A delight to catch.

Not long after i got hit again and started to reel it in, but the line snapped. Oh damn.

Christos got a big bite and boy it was fighting hard. He gradually reeled it in and i got the net. A whopping 36cm Trevaly. This was also a record for Christos for this type of fish. Well doen mate. What a great day.

While i was on the phone, i got another hit and reeled it in. A nice 31cm bream. What a beauty, what a day.

There was also lots of Tarwhine to be caught and some whiting.

All up we came home with 4 whopping breams and a beauty of a trevaly, 4 whiting, some 25cm breams and numerous tarwhine. Enjoyed a niice packed lunch and drinks prepared by my beautiful wife.

p.s.. There were 2 other boats around us that didn't seem to catch anything. We were catching heaps due to our bread burleying.

All in all, what can i say, a wonderful day out fishing in glorious sunshine.

Thanks. Majed.

Can't seem to add pics...

Great fish majed.... thats a huge bream.

Im surprised you caught a trevally in the georges river... i usually only see trevally caught in the bay as far up as taren point bridge. Odds are spot X is alot closer to the bay :-)

The bream fishing has been a bit slow in the river recently though... must be the cold weather.

It will fire up in the next couple of month

I love all these people that think they catch 2 kg bream..

I was going to leave it with a smirkie reply but ok maybe not too much.

We (Majed and I) started out at one place then kept moving, trying and looking at the sounder. We located one location and sat there. Majed first cast from here resulted in a fish, while trying to pick up his second rod to cast out. I cast out far and wide and long but they were only in one area about 20 mtr square.

One other thing. Majed did yell, and jump and yell and jump. Showed everyone that came with in sight this fish. And now it is on the forum.

Christos

I weighed it when i got home and it definetly weighed 2 kilos and measured 44cm. It was quite beefed up. It will go down for dinner quite nicely.

Tumra - You are quite correct, it was fished in Georges River closer to Botany Bay.

The other parts of Georges river have been quiet since the rain with very low water temp.