Darwin V2

plamb

After seeing Martin's post on the Darwin trip thought i'd make my own 1st posting on the site after being a "view only" member for so long.

Currently living in Singapore as a result of work commitments and as luck would have it, its probably cheaper and quicker to get to Darwin from here than it is from Sydney.

Arranged a holiday trip down with the family in early June and in the midst of Kakadu, Litchfield and Katherine Gorge tours managed to squeeze in a couple of days with Mark West out at Corroboree and upstream Shady Camp. Great guy and guide if you're ever up that way.

Here's a few pics

cheers

Paul.

post-4481-1186035290_thumb.jpg

post-4481-1186035395_thumb.jpg

post-4481-1186035409_thumb.jpg

post-4481-1186035467_thumb.jpg

:1welcomeani::1welcomeani: to Fishraider, Paul!! Great looking fish! Looks like your guide put you onto most species! Well done.

What sort of fishing do they do in Singapore? Is it safe to eat what you catch? From memory, Singapore is a really clean city, compared to some other Asian destinations!

Where do you hale from when back in Aussie?

Look forward to more of your reports.

Cheerio

Roberta

I'll second that :1welcomeani:

Great to see some 'viewers' getting involved by posting reports and sharing their experiences.

Lambster - theres a few fishos here who 'regularly' fish the top-end and as one of them I'm always thrilled to see photos of my very favourite quarry. Did you pick them up on the troll or on the flick? The toga would have come out of a lilly-bed whilst flicking lures, no?

Regardless - keep those reports coming!!

Hi Paul, :1welcomeani:

Its an awsome place and some amazing fishing. Every time I go up there I am blown away by its lanscape, the remoteness of areas.

I would like to get there between March and April for the run off as they tell me the fishing is at its best during that time and the magic 1m Barra can become a reality.

Paul, some great pics and I hope you get back to Darwin for another round.

Cheers

I have been to the same spot - coroboree. Good little fishing hole there.

We picked up some great Barra - Up to 82cm, which wasnt bad for June. I also had a really good guide named Mark. Cant remember his last name though as it was last year and the memory is pretty ordinary these days!!

I have been a member for quite a while too and never upload anything. Maybe I should show some photos of the Jew I got on my last trip up the Hawksbury??

Anyway, great catches there mate, Barra and Saratoga. I notice though that you didnt show the catfish that I am sure you had to contend with. ha ha ha

Thanks all, will make sure I keep the posts coming when i can as trips are few and far between these days. Not much happening on the Singapore front but have found a few interesting destinations in Malaysia and Thailand so will make a post after my next trip which will be chasing sails in Malaysia in Sept.

Most of the fish that trip were taken casting (not a number 1 fan of trolling); poppers/fizzers early morning; soft plastics round the last of the run off coming out of the drains and managed a few on the ever reliable gold bombers and rattlin spots as well. Was hoping for a day out at the Vernons but 20+ knots put an end to that.

cheers

Paul.