Gulp Alive

gretsch

Gidday Raiders,

I finally got my mits on a bucket of Gulp Alive 4" Minnows inthe Chartruese colour. :biggrin2:

I am going to test them on Flatties this weekend.

Full report will be posted next week.

They are expensive. 30 bucks ofr the small bucket. I reckon it contians about 20 minnows... maybe 25.

Anyway, they seem a lot more supple than the usual plastics. I guess time will tell. :1prop:

Good luck with them! I reckon they'd go ok on jewies too! Put up a pic of them! I thought there were supposed to be 35 in a tub??

How many colour varieties were there (from memory!?)

Cheers

Roberta

Good luck with them! I reckon they'd go ok on jewies too! Put up a pic of them! I thought there were supposed to be 35 in a tub??

Cheers

Roberta

They come in two sizes. The larger size is $39.95 and you obviously get more in that one.

How did you ever manage to find a shop that stocked GULP ALIVE in Sydney?

*Ahe Ahem :biggrin2:

IFS

Cheers

Roberta

Roberta,

They had around 10 colour variations and many patterns. The guys at the tackle shop said they didn';t order the full range so I imagine there are some weird and wonderful styles available. I had a quick look at Berkley dot com and they seem to have many combinations. Some of the patterns I saw today I hadn't seen before but then again, I am no plastics expert. This is all new to me. :1yikes:

It is always good to learn new techniques. :thumbup:

They come in two sizes. The larger size is $39.95 and you obviously get more in that one.

How did you ever manage to find a shop that stocked GULP ALIVE in Sydney?

*Ahe Ahem :biggrin2:

IFS

I just stumbled in and there they were!!!!! :074:

Good luck ceph!!!

Im waiting with baited breath!!!! pun intended :1prop:

Fantastic pun there.. I am hoping they a reel good!!! I'll see your pun and up you a pun..... :biggrin2:

Edited by Ceph

My cynicism is now to be fully tested.

I happened to stumble over these today as well. Not only was I suckered in but got an extra tub free as they had burst whilst unpacking. There is still most of the fluid in the tub but as the label and tub where spoiled he couldnt sell them. First in so I got them. That made it about $14 a tub for me :thumbup:

As I have had very limited success with sp I am approaching these without a real clue. I think there is more to way people fish them than the actual product. Those that fish regular with them for regular success have obvously developed a fishing style that works well whilst blokes like me that do it rarely will still struggle even with the bees knees product.

Time will tell. Fortunately I have a pretty good fishing partner on Thursday who will certainly give them a thrashing.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Any reviews/comments on these yet ? I saw them and they look pretty cool but SEEM to be quite expensive .. but not expensive if they yield lots of fishies.

If you are interested and don't know where to get from you can PM me for store details as I won't post online.

Any reviews/comments on these yet ? I saw them and they look pretty cool but SEEM to be quite expensive .. but not expensive if they yield lots of fishies.

If you are interested and don't know where to get from you can PM me for store details as I won't post online.

I reckon they are good. Not too much different from the standard Gulps though... I like the tub. I caught 6 flatties on the pumpkin seed 4" minnow on Saturday. The other guys in the boat caught flathead on squidgies and regular Gupls too..

I still maintain that any fish resembling plastic will catch a flathead if fished the right way in the zone!! :thumbup:

Maybe next time your out, take a mate and compare them head to head with the regular gulps. Fish the same colour, size, action etc and compare the hookups.

Good to see some fish though.

I have fished side by side with mates before and we used same rods, same reels,

and fishing lines, and even same bait and lures, the results are not always remotely

equal, I believe some people just have better luck than others on certain days.

penguin

I have fished side by side with mates before and we used same rods, same reels,

and fishing lines, and even same bait and lures, the results are not always remotely

equal, I believe some people just have better luck than others on certain days.

penguin

I agree...

I have been out with mates who are complete novices and they have caught fish and I have been the net master. It is very disconcerting at times. :(

I was pretty dissapointed with the range that they had here in Port Mac but ended up buying a pack of 3in black and clear minows. There action was pretty good but they preformed the same as the ordnary gulps. after 2 days fishing gulps, gulps alive and squidgy's although i was supprised to see that the squidgys acutaly out fished both of the gulps. The only thing that could improve the gulps alive would be if the tub did't leek.

i am also keen to see what will happen in you drop you gulps or squidgys into the tub as well?