Quick Squid!

wildfish

decided to go have a quick squid sesh whilst i deliver the car stereo i sold in swap n sell to big pete!

arived to yowie bay ramp about 7:30? not sure see pete with rod in the water!

not long after pete spots 2 calamari swim by, and we get 1 each! mine was 30cm mantle length.

i was a bit suprised as i was windin my jig in quite fast to try cast over to the squid and wack zzzzzz zzzzzzzz this squid took some strong drag.

i also caught an octapus. but after this went quiet and didnt see any more!

i have not been to this spot since last year and now only 1 light was on and the other went off at 9. probably complaints from the residents about loud fishermen i guess!

post-3094-1187441997_thumb.jpg

decided to go have a quick squid sesh whilst i deliver the car stereo i sold in swap n sell to big pete!

arived to yowie bay ramp about 7:30? not sure see pete with rod in the water!

not long after pete spots 2 calamari swim by, and we get 1 each! mine was 30cm mantle length.

i was a bit suprised as i was windin my jig in quite fast to try cast over to the squid and wack zzzzzz zzzzzzzz this squid took some strong drag.

i also caught an octapus. but after this went quiet and didnt see any more!

i have not been to this spot since last year and now only 1 light was on and the other went off at 9. probably complaints from the residents about loud fishermen i guess!

Top catch widfish :thumbup: and oh boy don't those two squid look like good baits !! :yahoo:

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

That a good couple of Squid mate.

I fish that spot during the Summer but not the Winter as the Squid are a lot harder to come by.

Yesterday I got my PB of 36cm that took strong runs on 10lb, I was stoked.

Mate got two after luring them in with a live trevally which might get you some mroe Squiddies next time.

IFS

Hi Luke

A couple of stud squid there!! Well done! They reckon they travel in pairs - looks like you got them both!! BTW - what is the difference between a male & female squid? Anything you can see??

Cheerio

Roberta

thanks guys! went down with the hope of getting some bait but when i chucked those 2 on ice the thoughts changed. i got home around 10 so it was a bit late to cook em up. so sorry to dissapoint but the went straight in the freezer should make some good strips.

the occy got to swim another day.

hey roberta, i never looked up his kilt so i didnt see nothin special :biggrin2: