Billfisher Catches More Yellowfin Yesterday

Ross Hunter

We got to 60 fathoms on Broadbill to be greated by 18knot sou' east winds and a really sloppy confused sea accompanied by rain squalls It was miserable,cold and wet We had a couple of sick anglers and it was not looking to good for the rest of the day. After a board meeting with the crew we canned the day for the sake of "PLAYER'S COMFORT". Billfisher, however, continued to the grounds after his crew assured him they were OK ..the grounds are along punch in those conditions (around 28 n. mile) But Glenn had brained them the day before so onward and outward he pushed into the mire.

Upon arriving the conditions had worsened and with a sick crew he decided to troll.

Using minnows and Bloodshots results came on a triple hookup... Junior Raider Henry was unlucky having hooked a tuna only to lose it at the boat when the hooks pulled

See photos

We are looking good for next weekend for The Raiders Day . Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Roscoe

post-2782-1187573198_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1187573254_thumb.jpg

Hi Ross,

Very nice fin, congrats to Glen for keeping at it, shame about the weather. I woke at 5am stuck my head out the dor and went back to bed, I would have wanted something the size of Billfisher to head out.

Last night while walking the dog in the wind and rain, I shivered and gave a small prayer of thanks that I was not out at sea, it would have been seriously miserable.

Southerly

Hi Ross

After passing you and Glenn on our way back into the bay at Kurnell I was glad to be heading in our direction not yours. My 4.6 mtr Quintrex was shown no mercy from the swell out there and while we could have stayed out there it just didn't seem worth it. I looked back out to sea 5 mins later and you were gobbled up by a big wet patch. To bad things went to sh*t but thats the way it goes. If it's any concilation you boy's look damn good trudging out to sea side by side. Like 2 old warriors ready to do battle again.

No doubt you will brain em next trip.

Russ

Hi Ross

After passing you and Glenn on our way back into the bay at Kurnell I was glad to be heading in our direction not yours. My 4.6 mtr Quintrex was shown no mercy from the swell out there and while we could have stayed out there it just didn't seem worth it. I looked back out to sea 5 mins later and you were gobbled up by a big wet patch. To bad things went to sh*t but thats the way it goes. If it's any concilation you boy's look damn good trudging out to sea side by side. Like 2 old warriors ready to do battle again.

No doubt you will brain em next trip.

Russ

It aws certainly an ordinary day I turned back at 60 fathoms with a few sick crew and was glad to do that. I don't know about the two boats looking like old warriors....maybe the skipper on Broady would fit that mould.

Roscoe