Catch Heaps Of Fish Never Fail Jewfish Tricks Guaranteed & More !

jewgaffer

geez you must have a heck of a lot of spare time Jewgaffer.

I agree with Nectic fished in all situations and conditions and just love being out on the water.

But seeing that you are making all this effort I am happy to help out when making posts if i remember.

cheers

dan

Kiwi Dan. I'll give my time for a little while yet.

I've had a major spine and back op. after having a heavy fall and 2 darn back vertebra fractures . Got heaps of time trying to recover but it hurts me bad to sit too long even have to lean on a wall one finger typing new topics and that.

I try my best and want to pass on some accurate info. No sawdust to have people remember me by, that's for sure and certain.

Still learning to walk properly but still fishing two to three times a week, but only when I reckon myself there may be a little bit of a chance in this shocking weather, though I need a little trailer help after the fall and after the three in one back operations.

Fished about a dozen times with top raiders so far this winter.

When out on the water fishing watching my rod spread I move round the boat like a twenty year old and you know what Dan, I actually forget the pain.

Dan thanks indeed for offering to help out in the last sentence, that's very nice of you.

your comments were more condsiderate than getting blown a rasberry when you're crook, I tell ya.

cheers mate.

jewgaffer :1fishing1::thumbup:

PS. I reckon with fishing it's to each own but ony coz some want it that way and thankfully only a small minority of young blokes of today only learn their next bum steer when they are certain there's nobody's looking :074:

Edited by jewgaffer

We hit botany early to gather millions of yellowtail but as soon as the sun went up noting else was caught bar a monster pike and a silver trevally about 30cm sorry no pics as i couldnt be bothered.

there were a few boats scoring a few trevally in the slack tide this afternoon at moll point but other than that we covered the whole bay flicking prawns, pillies squid and every ft plastic ever made at every different spot in the bay to come up dry.

we also trolled lures outside along the southern coastline for a big zippo even with baitballs under us there were no predetors.

water was like glass and it ended up a pleasant day on the water even though the fish were absent.

At about 7 30 - 8am a super thick chilly fog rolled through the entire bay, even the planes had to abort landings and the air temp dropped at least 2-3 degrees in the space of 30seconds.

i blame the cold front for the crap fishing.

JG.

Make more sense now!!!

Your giving yourself a mammoth task!!

300% for your efforts Mate.

Hope you have a 300% recovery from your illness.

Get well soon!!

cheers

b

hi again Bastic thanks for your concern and support. Makes me feel a bit better from this flu aches pains and headaches and all the s...

The only hard part is getting replies and accurate ones from fisherman who know the ropes.

If that can be done properly the conditions can be separated and other factors grouped to one side and sorted out later. Those several other factors can be categorised as helpful (if) and can be later applied, or if inconsistent can be discarded or exhaust just like votes do when counted after an election, and if enough numbers, either counted or discarded similiar to borderline informal votes.

The accurate factors which, for this excersize coud be called the helpful factors and can be grouped and taken into account in summary if for example there are enough reports coming out of the Sydney Metrop area as an example for say over say a week.

I have the records of weather conditions etc available and often do an average and the more reports coming in the more the average stays consistent. I've done that for years and have the chance to have it's consistency verified whenever I fish and again among others and of course my friends up north and the "right fisherman'' at Ballina and I fish accordingly. Still to pass that on to members is up to them more than me.

I think attitudes or inhibitions sometimes don't include listening anyway.

The common factor of a bad fishing day will always be a constant as a result of what I call a general binge feed (frenzy) by fish stocking up food on the good day and shutting down when the bad period sets in when fish, other than the hardy species, are unable to digest their food due to the conditions. ( in winter barometric pressure cold upon cold etc ).

Even when the winds changed to north and east on monday and were in the right direction for frenzy, as they pick up warm air and currents, they had a rare and unusual cold front behind them carrying cold air settling in the south and, as an example, the very low pressure system that had positioned itself and persisted over far northern N.S.W and that same low pressure system quite recently over South East Qld, that has even been described in the Daily Telegraph weather section a couple of days ago, as extemely rare and unusal for South East QLD and that one hovered for so long over Brisbane, far north and mid north bringing in with it big flooding rains and freezing winds etc. only this week.

So I would more or less call serious fishing in Sydney since last Sunday a waste of time coz when the wind was perfect at north and heaps of north east it was even worse for fishing results than the ongoing southerlys of the past three months due to that rare and unusual cold front up north as I mentioned above !

This excersize is to confirm again what I already know but I thought it would be better to provide summary statistis based on what members themselves discover as gospel after I provide the results and recommendations based on their own figures as per their reports back in posts and then I can provide my own figures plus a b.o.m. print out if I need one to add!

Cheers bastik

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Bastik you know yourself that on the right day ( frenzy) you, yourself get top results in the spot you fish in the Georges and Botany Bay if you hang around for two tides. and an hour either side of the first and the last tide.

Of course you may have a few fruitless hours in between due this time to normal tidal factors, but at least they in the frenzy at the right times during your session and your own the "lure attack"

It may be better if I document all my own stuff but it would finish up like a book as a topic and there are so many fishing books available :074:

Edited by jewgaffer

I'm not affiliated or have even used the following site, but i think it will be helpful to achieve what you are hoping to achieve....

http://www.fishingsolutions.com.au/

"Fishing Solutions is a free online fishing diary used to store and retrieve detailed fishing sessions, display statistical charts and create fishing reports.

The site utilises dynamic satellite maps that can be magnified to very fine detail so you can pin point your fishing session exactly on the water. All aspects of a fishing trip can be recorded and referenced to identify patterns in times, localities, tides and detailed weather conditions. Use the map to find Fishing Reports, Fishing Spots, Tackle Shops and Clubs that have been entered by other users." Quote from the home page.

Holly sqiud ink jewgaffer, slap me in the face with a mullet , better still i think its to the fridge for a beer before anything else. Now i see that you have spent many hours thinking about the questions you have asked and for that i will re-name you the WARRIOR.

Jewgaffer this is the best site you will find to answer any if not all the questions you have spent so much time thinking about. My only piece of advice i will give you is to dedicate the time you have spent on your research and listen to what the fellas will tell you and try to add it all up and maybe some day we will cross paths fishing for the silver beasts i love to hunt for all year round.

One last thing before the beers finished TAKE notes of all fishing trips tides, moon , wind ect ect , it took me a while to get some pages up but now its MY bible.

CHEERS JOHNNO. :beersmile:

Holly sqiud ink jewgaffer, slap me in the face with a mullet , better still i think its to the fridge for a beer before anything else. Now i see that you have spent many hours thinking about the questions you have asked and for that i will re-name you the WARRIOR.

Jewgaffer this is the best site you will find to answer any if not all the questions you have spent so much time thinking about. My only piece of advice i will give you is to dedicate the time you have spent on your research and listen to what the fellas will tell you and try to add it all up and maybe some day we will cross paths fishing for the silver beasts i love to hunt for all year round.

One last thing before the beers finished TAKE notes of all fishing trips tides, moon , wind ect ect , it took me a while to get some pages up but now its MY bible.

CHEERS JOHNNO. :beersmile:

Hi a-ox

thanks for the reply I've done the last sentence for the last 50 years with the info i borrowed from you , and just trying to give it back to you when I update the reasons for your hard luck story in your next no fish fishing report that you post :074:

Lucky you caught me awake coz the doc has giving me insomina now with the gunk he prescribed for the flu

the questions I asked are automatic. anything else i should ask ?.

have another read of the topic and my replies. you might get the point better then.

oh i'll go jew fishing anytime mate just pm

cheers

jewgaffer. :1fishing1:

Dear Jewgaffer,

After my last two fishing outings, with fresh squid, live yakkas, live slimies, 2kg of pre-chopped up pillies all for one lonely snapper I will take the info from your hard work any day. The info you glean will be much appreciated as far as I am concerned. As I don't have heaps of time to wet a line, short target specific fishing expeditions are what I favour and to make them worthwhile pre-planning is essential. Anyway, thanks for your effort and I hope everything becomes clearer when the drugs wear off. Get better soon.

Regards, Hutcho

Perhaps as an idea for the mod's to support this idea and improve the web site with the fishing report's. when entering a fishing report in the report's session we could have a template/form in place.

Tide:

Conditions:

Lure/Bait Used:

Moon Phase:

Barometric Preassure

And along with this template have the ability to run a search on a particular field for pass report's e.g run a search on "moon phase" and we could see all the fishing report's that relate to "moon phase" or if you run a search on "location" you can see all the report's on a particular location etc

Not sure how feasible this idea is

jewgaffer,

not sure if you are interested in squid/bait sessions?

last night - 25.08.07. went for a quick squid jig around the corner from the fisheries at darook park.

right on the slack of the 6pm high with the first gibbous of the moon giving a fair bit of light, jigged a good size (28cm mantle) one for dinner on a small orange jig. low swell and no wind. very clear water.

again, a beer on the way home and salt and pepper squid for entree. :beersmile:

barker.

Perhaps as an idea for the mod's to support this idea and improve the web site with the fishing report's. when entering a fishing report in the report's session we could have a template/form in place.

Tide:

Conditions:

Lure/Bait Used:

Moon Phase:

Barometric Preassure

And along with this template have the ability to run a search on a particular field for pass report's e.g run a search on "moon phase" and we could see all the fishing report's that relate to "moon phase" or if you run a search on "location" you can see all the report's on a particular location etc

Anti Carp I always knew anti carp would be a good campaign now you'se are talking good turkey !!! :thumbup:

But what am I gunna bloody do sittin' around recovering from a back op. and can't fish just because of a stupid old barometer and a little bit of lousy fish shutdown front. :mad3:

I know what I'll do Ill just start another topic :1yikes:

Come in spinners!! ross, zrep and the boys. Youse'll finish up with the best info for members, I'll back that up.

Cheers Anti Carp

Tide:

Conditions:

Lure/Bait Used:

Moon Phase:

Barometric Preassure

Thanks for that - already on it!!

We could have a dedicated sub forum for this.

Would members want this a members only area?

Looking at some other options as well.

Any ideas plz pm me.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Any ideas plz pm me.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Members only area is a good idea,

penguin

THANKS DONNA AND STEWY :thumbup:

I will include the following below in this post so that volunteers willing to do accurate fishing reports in a Format will be able to benefit from a post from Bastic and my reply below >

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: >

quote name='bastik' post='191134' date='Aug 25 2007, 09:49 PM']

JG.

--------Your giving yourself a mammoth task!!

300% for your efforts Mate.-------

cheers

b

Hi again Bastic thanks for your concern and support-----

The only hard part is getting replies and accurate ones from fisherman who know the ropes.

If that can be done properly the conditions can be separated and other factors grouped to one side and sorted out later. Those several other factors can be categorised as helpful (if) and can be later applied, or if inconsistent can be discarded or exhaust just like votes do when counted after an election, and if enough numbers, either counted or discarded similiar to borderline informal votes.

The accurate factors which, for this excersize coud be called the helpful factors and can be grouped and taken into account in summary if for example there are enough reports coming out of the Sydney Metrop area as an example for say over say a week.

I have the records of weather conditions etc available and often do an average and the more reports coming in the more the average stays consistent. I've done that for years and have the chance to have it's consistency verified whenever I fish --------

--------

---------Still to pass that on to members is up to them more than me.

Sadly, I think attitudes in fishermen or inhibitions in some cases don't include listening anyway------

cheers

jewgaffer,

not sure if you are interested in squid/bait sessions?

last night - 25.08.07. went for a quick squid jig around the corner from the fisheries at darook park.

right on the slack of the 6pm high with the first gibbous of the moon giving a fair bit of light, jigged a good size (28cm mantle) one for dinner on a small orange jig. low swell and no wind. very clear water.

again, a beer on the way home and salt and pepper squid for entree. :beersmile:

barker.

Hi Barker, Thanks for your time on this topic. It's been great.

Squid are terrific mate, one the most important parts of the equation, I tell ya.

As far as I am concerned squid are the holy grail of baits for Hawkesbury and the dinner plate as well, and they are a pretty good "barometer" for other fish, I tell ya.

Cheers :thumbup:

Jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

no problem jewgaffer,

i am very interested to see when this gets off the ground - i am sure it will benefit many, and really this is what the site is all about from what i can see. i am sick of the 'other' sites that seem to get caught up in the ego of fishing. i am very happy to share with any of my limited successes and maybe start to unscramble how/what/where it sometimes comes together. myself, i am a bit of a kingy fan (would love to one day have a go at jewies), and agree with your sentiments of the importance of squid, however find it very hard to make the decision to use the spoils as bait or a feed. anyway, i hope your generosity to give us a few pointers gets the necessary input from those that will happily use it.

cheers, barker.

Good to hear you are feeling a bit better JG.Makes more sense now, but remember next time don't post under the influence of pseudo-effedrine and never ever cook sudafed. :074:

Hey Numbnuts. Who said anything about feeling better ??

The lounge room looks like an intensive care unit. Shirl's gone to get me ice packs. My grandson wants the heater turned on

My granddaughters are screaming and fighting over Dizneyland and I'm so crook I only want watch Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

The women are arguing about chinese, pizzas and drumsticks. I'm allowed water, clear broth and weak tea.

Numbnuts I appreciate your participation. I am concerned about my near pnuemonia state and at this moment of writing I'm starting to think more about the postponent of the Melbourne Cup.

So thumbs down to equine fever even got horses drunk and besides I only smoke rolly owns.

What was the topic....?

Hey Numbnuts. Who said anything about feeling better ??

The lounge room looks like an intensive care unit. Shirl's gone to get me ice packs. My grandson wants the heater turned on

My granddaughters are screaming and fighting over Dizneyland and I'm so crook I only want watch Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

The women are arguing about chinese, pizzas and drumsticks. I'm allowed water, clear broth and weak tea.

Numbnuts I appreciate your participation. I am concerned about my near pnuemonia state and at this moment of writing I'm starting to think more about the postponent of the Melbourne Cup.

So thumbs down to equine fever even got horses drunk and besides I only smoke rolly owns.

What was the topic....?

jewgaffer :1fishing1:Hi Byron I just cant understand what all the fuss is about. Us Fishraiders are blessed to have access to a sight like this. The amount of information available to us is incredible.

Lets be honest , not everybody knows everything when it comes to fishing. Thats why this site is so important and I send this message out to all fellow raiders , please respect and appreciate each others input

and keep an open mind to the discussions. Its never too late to learn something new. Brainstorming is a very powerful tool.

Byron I cannot thankyou enough ,your commitment, dedication and knowledge to this site is appreciated.

I take notes and like to follow things through when I am out on the water.

I especially like the idea of Fishraider setting up an advisory centre. Lets face it we all love fishing and thats why we are all hooked to this site. We say to friends after a lowsey days fishing 'WE DIDNT CATCH MUCH- BUT IT WAS GOOD TO BE OUT THERE ANYWAY' too much time and money is wasted fishing times and targeting species that are unproductive. Lets turn this around and learn from eachother. Fishing is surpose to be fun and rewarding- so lets get back to basics. :biggrin2:

An advisory centre is a push in the right direction. It would be like a big diary updated daily. All the information gathered can be calculated and processed and available for all to see, then one can make up their own mind and be better equiped for their next outing.

Cheers LUMPOOKEY :thumbup:

It really looks like your onto a good thing here Byron, Im trying to imagine the accumulative power off all our reports coming together for high percentage fishing. Bloody brilliant.

Its the translation of the information that will need nutting out. Mabe a series of graphs to help work it out????

Il definatly let you know when il be going home, im thinking december at the moment. Would be good to catch up for a laugh.

Best of luck mate,

Bob

Bobfish

Bob we sure will get out fishing in Ballina. Not sure which one but I'll have one of my boats up there.

Cheers

Jewgaffer....all this info is great but sometimes too much info bcomes more confusing rather then helpful....

I personally have caught fish in all conditions, all tides, all moon phases, all barometric pressure readings........although conditions do matter they are not everything.....and you can catch fish in all conditions.....too much knowledge isnt always a good thing.....sometimes it can be detramental........most people like myself just love being out there and not looking into the little things too much like all the readings etc.....

Thats my opinion........

I agree Netic. Ive had good days fishing in all different types of senarios and I do study and take note of things but dont get overly technical.

I dont really think you can ever perfect a technique and catch fish all the time. You can do all the studying you like and follow it all, and there will still be unexplainable days when you dont get the fish you thought you were 'supposed' to get.

Any ideas plz pm me.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

A dedicated Sub-Forum for Members only is the way to go.

THAT IS MY OPINION

A dedicated Sub-Forum for Members only is the way to go.

THAT IS MY OPINION

Conditions were as follows:

time: 11.00pm

Tide: 2 hrs before low.

Barometer: 1025

bait: a live tailor

water temp: ? pretty cold i imagine.

Water clarity: murky

depth: 70 feet. Large deep hole

Current: gentle

Weather: Gentle Nth wind, cloudy, rain and drizzle

Dinner that night: cold tuna pasta

Mother's maiden name: Rose.

If there is something else to be gained, I figured that it was better to fish deeper with dirty fresh water on top.

The jewie preferred the tailor over a live yakka and a fresh squid head.

Hope it helps. Cheers

Yep got the message Andrew. That is a pretty good report.

I'll paste your report into my latest topic for when I do a summary of the times, the tides and the conditions .

I think you forgot the name of the old G.P.S. school when you went to log in your password and I don't mind cold, just plain and definately not with tuna pasta.! :biggrin2:

Regards

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fishing Report File: humsey: 26/08/07 Middle Harbour 1 X JEW 11pm 4 kilo cleaned - no bi catch

Rating: **