Catch Heaps Of Fish Never Fail Jewfish Tricks Guaranteed & More !

jewgaffer

I have decided to continue with this topic having edited it this morning. I trust it is now easier to understand.

Inadvertently, my "doodled, rough notes" which I was one finger typing, while ill, suffering from influenza and antibiotic complications, went into post before I had chance to edit it and get it into perspective and proper reading order.

Being ill with runny eyes, flu pains and shivering, I couldn't see or even think well enough to type on and edit it properly before quite a few replies were posted.

What I hope to achieve with member participation and support is to be able to have a fairly accurate and reliable reference source available for inclusion in the diaries and note books of Fishraider members in order to achieve better fishing results in rivers, estuaries, bays and close to shore ocean situations.

So if you think it may be helpful, I welcome your participation.

If you find anything to be confusing, now that it as been edited, don't hesitate to ask.

I do not intend to include or had any intention to include deep sea fishing in this topic.

Deep sea fishing would be too complicated and time consuming for one person to study, take submissions, and to analyse accurately and create a "holy grail" even if it did result in being to acclaimed in those words.

I am not saying that could never be done but the resources at hand would need to be enormous.

Below is a question and my reply for better clarification of my incomplete post, and the topic commences below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi jewgaffer,

What is the goal of this post are you trying to compile info in order to come up with best times to fish??

Just not sure where we are going here mate?

Hi Brad and thanks , Yes you could say that Brad. There is also a need to apply touches of my own underlying theories of elimination of the best and the worst times and when and where to fish or not to fish to this topic.

I need to know what type of fish members are fishing for to determine and advise whether the place and tides and conditions etc were right etc and give better alternatves as required.

Of course if the results were constantly good it would set a standard for others and subsequent sessions would test those type of waters and conditions over and over again to create a standard according to both best and worst conditions .

I do know wrong types or water, times and conditions and I am not too bad at knowing the right conditions and the right places.

To make sure I get it all right in cases where I don't know the answer, I will obtain the correct answer from my pro and commercial friends in Ballina and pass it on to the members.

So ultimately there will be a lot of correct information gathered with help and good member imput which I hope to apply as a standard without giving irrelevent standards to all situations, in the many other places and areas.

If members wish to do for themselves all what they think is necessary to improve their fishing, and not participate in this they are free to do so.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK Fishraiders, It's a good time to pass onto members some good information I have learned in over 50 years in the fishing game.

However I need your co-operation and participation in this topic to help you to be a gun angler and not just remain a simple wharf and jetty mute type fisherman.

In the way in which I propose to do this and when you have completed one stage at a time most of you should be able to call yourselves "distinguished purveyors of a good variety of fine fresh fish cutlets" and an expert with squid.

If you put a little effort into this topic you could improve your fishing so much that the publican will give you free beer for a few tips.

As it progresses along, unfolds and better shows how I intend to work it , I believe the result is going to be an excellent one and it should be highly informative.

I hope this topic results in your fishing becoming state of the art and hopefully, cutting edge.

Now this is where I need your help :-

After each fishing session, post a reply as a summary stating the result of the session.

Post it in fishing reports as as you usually do.

This is important for this excercize :- ( I may need to add more later )

Post a summary in reply to this topic as best you can in the following format :-

1. Landbased - Boat fishing at anchor, drift, troll or Landbased.

2. General or target fishing plus bi-catch.

3. Dead bait type/s -Live bait type/s - Fly type/s - Lure type/s, surface, surface popper, shallow diver, mid range diver, deep diver type -Jig depth/s.

4. Boat fishing.

At anchor, drifting, trolling.

Description of approximate location and surroundings - Main channel - Inshore reef - Deep hole, - Drop off - Sand bank - Pylon, - Rock/s away from the shoreline, above water structure - Close along the shoreline, sand bar island - Shore type be rocky, sand, sand and weed bed, heavy weed bed.

Landbased Describe in detail with relevance in accordance with above.

Tide range over the session, ebb, low , high - Tide at time of hook up annd what species.

Water Conditions, still , current, eddy, whirlpool effect.

Weather, wind.

If you let me now the area and it's distance from Sydney, I will do the daily graph of Barometric Pressure readings and fluctuations.

It is important to report a good result and it's very important to report a bad one.

It doesn't matter if your fishing session was five minutes ago or a while ago as long as you have a fairly accurate record.

I would like to see more reports highlghting the conditions on the day from people like Jewhunter, Jakjayno1, Jimmy Bowers, Phil "fish kill' Scott, Stewy, Col Buckley, Netic, Roberta, Luderick59, Luderick Angler, and Inhlanzi etc.

Ok to start to begin to better achieve you have to start the ball rolling and get the information into a post

This could be a great topic. I am prepared to put time into this and very happy to develop it along as much as is possible.

Ultimately I would like to see members catching more fish I and have excellent results in "stealth fishing" and "hit and run tactics".

To get to know the best conditions and times in which to do that will save a lot of time and money, athough fishermen will always say, "It's always great to be out on the water" and I coud not agree more !

I will be able to read thru replies and apply my own experiences and do a summary over time, and endeavour to create more accurate standards for good fishing results.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1::thumbup:

PS. If there is anything that's not clear after editing this morning please feel free to ask for further information coz I'm far too crook at the moment, to further study this topic, and I hope it is now articulate enough for everybody to understand.

JG.

Edited by jewgaffer

Ok Ive read it three times. Not been disrespectful, but am I the only one scratching my head here!!!!!

Hi Bastic I apologise.I have just put it into better perspective. My notes on the topic went on before edit. Any questions please ask in post and I'll clarify further.

Best regards

No

Cripes Ben we can't have that. Is it more understandable now.

Do me a favour tell me if it's not clear?

Cheers

Jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Andy is it more understandable now ?

If not I'll take another look at it

My eyes are running badly and Flu and antibiotics have got me all over the place today.

Cheers Andy

I think i need to sleep on it - im also a liitle head coldy . Respond in the morning .

okay jewgaffer,

today friday 24th august. overcast conditions with light nor' easterlies and a low swell on the mid morning low tide change - up to and after. water was pretty clear - bit green.

1st run - around the corner from watts reef out to 'Ours' in the washes. many (over a dozen) salmon, spinning 15 gram metal slugs. very little technique - fast, straight surface retrieve. 3/4's of an hour of great fun.

2nd run - over at molineux pt. as the current really got a run on up. burleyed at anchor picking up three trevally on squid strips with just enough lead. 15 minutes on and off.

all in all a good day. beer on the way home. :beersmile:

Hi jewgaffer,

What is the goal of this post are you trying to compile info in order to come up with best times to fish??

Just not sure where we are going here mate?

Hi Brad and thanks , Yes you could say that Brad. There is also a need to apply touches of my own underlying theories of elimination of the best and the worst times and when and where to fish or not to fish to this topic.

I need to know what type of fish members are fishing for to determine and advise whether the place and tides and conditions etc were right etc and give better alternatves as required.

Of course if the results were constantly good it would set a standard for others and subsequent sessions would test those type of waters and conditions over and over again to create a standard according to both best and worst conditions .

I do know wrong types or water, times and conditions and I am not too bad at knowing the right conditions and the right places.

To make sure I get it all right in cases where I don't know the answer, I will obtain the correct answer from the pros in Ballina and pass it on to the members.

So ultimately there will be a lot of correct information gathered with help and good member imput which I hope to apply as a standard without giving irrelevent standards to all situations, in the many other places and areas.

If members wish to do for themselves all what they think is necessary for their own fishing, they should feel quite free to do so.

Cheers

okay jewgaffer,

today friday 24th august. overcast conditions with light nor' easterlies and a low swell on the mid morning low tide change - up to and after. water was pretty clear - bit green.

1st run - around the corner from watts reef out to 'Ours' in the washes. many (over a dozen) salmon, spinning 15 gram metal slugs. very little technique - fast, straight surface retrieve. 3/4's of an hour of great fun.

2nd run - over at molineux pt. as the current really got a run on up. burleyed at anchor picking up three trevally on squid strips with just enough lead. 15 minutes on and off.

all in all a good day. beer on the way home. :beersmile:

Thanks barker, much appeciated and thanks for your time :thumbup:

That info will go in the diary for Watts reef and over time a summary on a graph or gant chart with have as much info that we can get coming in for watts reef.

cheers

With respect jewgaffer, you are asking for so much puzzelling info that it will end up doing your head in!! I do alot of jewfishing in Cowan +H/Bury + S/Harb and the tecniques ,baits ,seasons and rigs ALL are different .To try and come up with one common formula for success is virtually asking the impossible, but good luck with it. :1fishing1:

Jewgaffer....all this info is great but sometimes too much info bcomes more confusing rather then helpful....

I personally have caught fish in all conditions, all tides, all moon phases, all barometric pressure readings........although conditions do matter they are not everything.....and you can catch fish in all conditions.....too much knowledge isnt always a good thing.....sometimes it can be detramental........most people like myself just love being out there and not looking into the little things too much like all the readings etc.....

Thats my opinion........

Edited by netic

With respect jewgaffer, you are asking for so much puzzelling info that it will end up doing your head in!! I do alot of jewfishing in Cowan +H/Bury + S/Harb and the tecniques ,baits ,seasons and rigs ALL are different .To try and come up with one common formula for success is virtually asking the impossible, but good luck with it. :1fishing1:

Hi numbnuts, thanks for your time.

I was jotting down thoughts out of sequence and doodling whatever rough notes came into my mind as they occurred for tidying up later

I am as sick as a dog with a real bad dose and i had to leave the computer few times and lay down but repies started coming in and I was so crook i could hardly think what to scrub out to get it into perspective without losing the plot and because of replies i didn't want to have to delete it all and start again in the morning

I would appreciate you having another read now that i've managed to tidy up some of it and see if you can follow what i hope to achieve and advise.

I hope you will understand.

cheers

Jewgaffer....all this info is great but sometimes too much info bcomes more confusing rather then helpful....

I personally have caught fish in all conditions, all tides, all moon phases, all barometric pressure readings........although conditions do matter they are not everything.....and you can catch fish in all conditions.....too much knowledge isnt always a good thing.....sometimes it can be detramental........most people like myself just love being out there and not looking into the little things too much like all the readings etc.....

Thats my opinion........

Netic Sorry to confuse you but my doodling and one finger typing went into post and i was just too sick with this flu and temp to correct it.

I don't know if you can follow it now but my wife shirl is going to have a read of it in the morning now that i've tidied it uop as besrt i can for tonite,

thanks for your time I think we've met somewhere before.

hi tiger shark sorry to confuse you

hiy tiger shark do'nt want to click on that imight get confused.

went to bed so fluied up and more crok with antebiotics i cant evensleep but i am goingto try again now. shirl may have to take me to to the doctors tomrorrow what a bad doze this is!!!

hope you understand mate

nite

jewgaffer

NOTICE TO ALL ANGLERS !!!

DO NOT TRY TO WORK FISH OUT!

AS THIS WILL CAUSE SERIOUS PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS.

NOT TO MENTION WASTE QUALITY FISHING TIME.

Sorry Jew Gaffer but even after an edit i found it a little hard to follow. It is my belief there is no holy grail to understanding fish and fishing. Every time you think you've got it sussed somebody, something, or your target speices throws it right back in your face. For instance at my favorite bass spot on the Neapean i went from #3 green on gold Celta cast to the bright green weed in the fast flowing sections back in to the pool, to Jitter bugs cast at the car bodys and fallen trees and finally denied reasonable access and forced to go elsewhere and apply what i had learnt so far.

So i think the answer we all are looking for here is. :Get out there often as you can, do what you believe is best, don't be afraid to try new things or sugestions no matter how crazy they may seem (i saw an article about Whiting on poppers). And what makes a gun angler? They are doing the above. (oh and bragging about it)

ALL THOSE WHO AGREE SAY AYE.

Lata Raida.

Waynie

NOTICE TO ALL ANGLERS !!!

DO NOT TRY TO WORK FISH OUT!

AS THIS WILL CAUSE SERIOUS PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS.

NOT TO MENTION WASTE QUALITY FISHING TIME.

Sorry Jew Gaffer but even after an edit i found it a little hard to follow. It is my belief there is no holy grail to understanding fish and fishing. Every time you think you've got it sussed somebody, something, or your target speices throws it right back in your face. For instance at my favorite bass spot on the Neapean i went from #3 green on gold Celta cast to the bright green weed in the fast flowing sections back in to the pool, to Jitter bugs cast at the car bodys and fallen trees and finally denied reasonable access and forced to go elsewhere and apply what i had learnt so far.

So i think the answer we all are looking for here is. :Get out there often as you can, do what you believe is best, don't be afraid to try new things or sugestions no matter how crazy they may seem (i saw an article about Whiting on poppers). And what makes a gun angler? They are doing the above. (oh and bragging about it)

ALL THOSE WHO AGREE SAY AYE.

Lata Raida.

Waynie

Waynie,

As I see it every angler has his or hers preferred way of catching fish, whether its trolling huge livies off the coast or poppering for whiting. So your gonna have some very mixed opinions too.

You are right about there not being a "holy grail" on understanding fishing but if your gonna give a notice to all anglers, dont try and deterr them from studying their theory. Fishing to me isn't just about the practical side of things. You wouldn't choose that spot on the neapean or flick those particular lures unless you had combined the informations of previous trips to acertain what you think is the right way to catch bass. So why not organise this information? As it is NOT detrimental to your mental or physical health.

I have a fishing diary and use it to good affect, the two minutes it takes to fill in after a session does not, in my opinion take up valuable fishing time.

Cheers,

Bobfish

Here's my two cents worth.

I for starters love hearing about other peoples experiences and theories on fishing, this for me is the main reason I became a member of fishraider

Secondly I also like that I can interact respectfully with fishermen with 50+ years experience and with budding fishermen just starting out.

As for thinking that people should just give up or don't even try because there are too many permutations’ or it's just too hard to try. Well that’s just plain silly, as everything can be worked out no matter how hard you think it is. Did you know our ancestors believed the earth was flat?

Here’s my three cents worth.

I go fishing at least 3 times a week and catch fish every single time. Not because I contemplate all variables such as wind, moon, barometer, water temperature or planetary alignment (I believe that it is too hard for me to figure out at present) this however does not mean it can’t be done. I do however target easy fish like bream, whiting, flathead, trevally and (monster Jew’s just kidding)

Here’s my four cent’s its free

A few months a go I decided to start fishing as a hobby, I goggled and found this site, in a matter of months I have read over a thousand posts and have learnt a great deal about fishing and have benefited greatly, I have formed my fishing techniques by the stuff you guy’s write and as time goes on I am sure my experiences and posts will benefit some new member.

Here's my two cents worth.

I for starters love hearing about other peoples experiences and theories on fishing, this for me is the main reason I became a member of fishraider

Secondly I also like that I can interact respectfully with fishermen with 50+ years experience and with budding fishermen just starting out.

As for thinking that people should just give up or don't even try because there are too many permutations’ or it's just too hard to try. Well that’s just plain silly, as everything can be worked out no matter how hard you think it is. Did you know our ancestors believed the earth was flat?

Here’s my three cents worth.

I go fishing at least 3 times a week and catch fish every single time. Not because I contemplate all variables such as wind, moon, barometer, water temperature or planetary alignment (I believe that it is too hard for me to figure out at present) this however does not mean it can’t be done. I do however target easy fish like bream, whiting, flathead, trevally and (monster Jew’s just kidding)

Here’s my four cent’s its free

A few months a go I decided to start fishing as a hobby, I goggled and found this site, in a matter of months I have read over a thousand posts and have learnt a great deal about fishing and have benefited greatly, I have formed my fishing techniques by the stuff you guy’s write and as time goes on I am sure my experiences and posts will benefit some new member.

Anesti that was very well said.

Cripes what a surprise. They way you pulled the bream in last time I thought you'd fished for years.

Thanks again from Julius for inviting us back to the bridge. But it won't be till she warms up a little.

Remember it's my turn to supply the boat this time !

Regards

geez you must have a heck of a lot of spare time Jewgaffer.

I agree with Nectic fished in all situations and conditions and just love being out on the water.

But seeing that you are making all this effort I am happy to help out when making posts if i remember.

cheers

dan

:dito:

penguin

Hey penguin It's edited.

The rough notes last night, doodling and typing points for myself and trying to having a laugh though ill, with my 10 yr old grandson should not have posted till complete. Had trouble reading in the little box you type in as well as being crook, so I just quit

Darn flu. I've never felt so aweful. The antibiotics cost heaps and done zero

Computors are a bloody embarrassment. They show no mercy :thumbdown:

Regards